So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork?

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #41  
More than a little thread drift here, but...

When I was a volunteer firefighter, we got a call for what the homeowner thought was an electrical problem. The wall behind her washing machine was "buzzing".

Long story short, the master bedroom was on the other side of that wall, and the buzzing was coming from a...ummmm..."personal massage device" in her nightstand drawer.

Several firefighters, myself included, sustained minor internal injuries from stifling the laughter until we got outside...

More drift here.

I was the First Sergeant of an Army Reserve Postal Company for 21 years. We Deployed a LOT. We were in Iraq 2003-2004 running Post Offices at several locations. All packages being mailed out of country had to be visually inspected by my Soldiers before mailing. I was overseeing the operation at Tikrit one day. A male Soldier of mine was inspecting a package that a Female Captain was mailing home. She was 30-something and married by the ring on her finger. As my Soldier is inspecting she is busy filling out Customs Forms. I'm watching. The Soldier finds a Vibrator and it has the batteries in it. The rule is ALL batteries must be removed. He politely laid it back in her baggage covered so other Soldiers couldn't see it and asked her if she had removed the batteries from all devices. She said yes. He asked again. She sternly looked at him and said yes. He said Ma'am, with all due respect are you sure?? She loudly stated YES SERGEANT WALTNER I REMOVED ALL BATTERIES??? By now my Sergeant is real tired of her arrogance. By this time everyone standing in the line has quit talking and are paying close attention. SGT Waltner calmly reached in her luggage, pulled out the Vibrator held it high above his head and said "What about this item Ma'am. Her face turned bright red. All the Soldiers in the Post Office busted out laughing and cheering!!!! The Captain quietly removed the batteries and apologized. SGT Waltner turned to me, winked and said "I love Officers". :D

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #42  
That was funny ... Should have put batteries in it and turned it on before you left in the mail box.
But back on track.. I found a dead pig in the grass on the side of the town road while sickle barring. Made a mess.

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #43  
Plenty of trash. But the more unusual items were a nearly perfectly preserved Model A Ford style tire (not too surprising since the original neighbor collected Model As); the steel outside of a 1940-1950 tv set, a navy officer's ID tags, and some really cool cans that have been repurposed into plant containers.

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #44  
Found a small old metal tool box with a rusted lock on it. It was light but I shook it and heard a small rattle in it. I busted lock off and found a Soviet/Russian 1966 coin in it.

50 Kopeck 1966 Russian USSR Coins | eBay

Like this one being sold on Ebay.

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #45  
Not me, but my buddy saw a small green plastic box.. grabbed it up and inside were 2 glock's. No ID's. He did the right thing and took it down to the cops. 3 months later they called him and said that the guns were not claimed and to come and get them if he wanted them.

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #46  
I lost and then found the road grader. .:laughing:
many yrs ago I was the grader helper, I'd take the guy running the grader out to the job, and then go up and down the road while he ran the grader, and made sure the culverts were open, and remove large clumps that got left on the road. Well, the grader operator took off on the grader, and failed to tell me that he was leaving and going half way across county with it. I drove up and down the road looking for him, then finally followed the tire tracks and eventually found him about 25 miles away. thank goodness he stayed on gravel roads. I got a lot of teasing for losing a road grader, but I did find it eventually.

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #47  
I turned up what I thought was a concrete block one night while breaking land. I put it on the tractor (to get out of the field) and rode with for a few more hours. After some closer inspection the next day, it turned out to be part of a old tombstone.

Turns out, there use to be an old graveyard in the field.