So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork?

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #31  
Well lets seen now .50BMG are what about $4 to $5 each now?... Yeah, a pretty good trade!

Well, Midway has them on sale for $344 / per hundred plus shipping....but still a "good" trade!

image-754274234.jpg

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #32  
Well, Midway has them on sale for $344 / per hundred plus shipping....but still a "good" trade!

View attachment 344105

I made a similar "deal" with a fellow a few years back, he had 3 spam cans, of 30-06 one of which he had opened. Inside were bandoleers for an M1 Garand. 48 rounds in each bandoleer, with the 8 round enbloc clips. They were armor piercing rounds and he could not use them for deer hunting. So I gave him $20 to buy some 30-06 softpoint so he could go hunting, and I took the 3 cans and sold them for $320
He was also afraid they were not safe to shoot as the date stamps were 1954. I have never seen anything so fresh as those old rounds. Being in that vacuum sealed can. Everything was as new. It was like opening a "time capsule"

James K0UA

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #33  
If you want to find things, chisel plow the ground along the road or driveway where a farm used to be. Even in the barnyard. I've pulled up countless horse shoes, pieces of farm equipment, lots of ammo, old bottles, pieces of pottery, silverware and my favorite--a Civil War funeral procession brass placard used on a carriage or hearse. Follow with a metal detector and coins are occasional finds.

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #34  
1972 and 1976 on two farms 25 miles apart I found almost identical pieces of petrified giant horsetail. Moving to Australia in 1979 I was left some pieces of petrified tree by the previous owner and told where they were found. Never did find any more. Here, I have found numerous stone axe heads and hand tools (no arrow heads) - I have a collection of them, plus the most bizarre phallus shaped stones, everything from weeny 3-inchers to a couple that most folks could only dream about. Did women in those days use dildos? I am not joking, unless they are not particularly good tent pegs I cannot think of another use for them. Napoleon's army was camped on this place for maybe three nights during the Peninsular campaign, but I doubt even the Frogs would have tent pegs made of stone.

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #35  
I ran into a water tight box full of marijuana and scales propped against a telephone phone poll when I was mowing the road banks on out road. The sherif loved that.

I bet he did, repeatedly.

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #36  
I bet he did, repeatedly.

Not doing roadwork but got a kick out of this.

I got into the walking habit 3 years back and walk every day down our rural road. Was walking one day last spring and noticed a small UPS box on the side off the road..partially open via chewing...figured the neighbor's mongrel dog who runs loose grabbed it from somebodies house as it does all the time. Picked it up and it was addressed to the divorced neighbor woman who lives on the other side of us...yep..inside was a new vibrator.

Died laughing..decided to carry it back and placed it inside of her mailbox at night after showing my wife..She died laughing too.

And I know what you are thinking..No I wouldn't ...fat and unattractive

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #37  
   / So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #38  
More than a little thread drift here, but...

When I was a volunteer firefighter, we got a call for what the homeowner thought was an electrical problem. The wall behind her washing machine was "buzzing".

Long story short, the master bedroom was on the other side of that wall, and the buzzing was coming from a...ummmm..."personal massage device" in her nightstand drawer.

Several firefighters, myself included, sustained minor internal injuries from stifling the laughter until we got outside...

/ So what strainge objects have you found while doing roadwork? #40  
Not doing roadwork but got a kick out of this.

I got into the walking habit 3 years back and walk every day down our rural road. Was walking one day last spring and noticed a small UPS box on the side off the road..partially open via chewing...figured the neighbor's mongrel dog who runs loose grabbed it from somebodies house as it does all the time. Picked it up and it was addressed to the divorced neighbor woman who lives on the other side of us...yep..inside was a new vibrator.

Died laughing..decided to carry it back and placed it inside of her mailbox at night after showing my wife..She died laughing too.

And I know what you are thinking..No I wouldn't ...fat and unattractive

Was it a really big one? :)