My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #121  
OP's first post was May 31 and he had the tractor for two weeks, at that point. That would make this issue six weeks old and other than the dealer demanding that they be allowed to buff it up, nothing.

That tractor looked terrible, unacceptable, uncalled for and embarrassing for both the dealer and Kubota.

I am a this point a loyal Kubota customer but if this tractor gets rammed down Lamanated's throat, that could change. What the heck is wrong with Kubota Canada? How can you help but feel for this guy? I went out of my way in this thread to point out that tractors are not about cosmetics, but this is ridiculous. Sad thing is that this guy will be stuck with this dealer and given his location, an alternative may be far away.

Kubota Canada: We are watching you. Do the right thing.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #122  
I have no dog in this hunt but to say the corrosion on aluminum is acceptable and continue with that thought, makes me wonder if this poster doesn't have "a dog in this hunt" though I can't imagine how?

IMO, that corrosion has the rest of the materials life til failure and if this indeed was a new tractor, the dealer or manufacturer should replace it, even if it took a letter from the owners attorney to do so.

I just took a drive over to a neighbors place to look over a 4 year old BX, it has NONE of the issues shown in the OP's pictures. Granted, we basically live in a near desert climate but the issues with this tractor, should be completely unacceptable and the local Kubota dealer wouldn't accept the tractor from the manufacturer, but he sells more tractors on his service and reputation than on equipment reputation.

Someone needs to eat this tractor and not the OP! Shame on them!

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #123  
Hello to the OP! What's the current status? Forget the buy American quips and such, they're just nonsense intended to provoke and raise ire. What is important is the K Rep should rule OVER the dealer and what he and K corporate say is what rules; not some dealer who is lame enough to have sold you that piece of junk lemon in the first place.
Kick it back to the rep- who you should be in contact with on a regular basis until this is resolved to YOUR satisfaction.:thumbsup:

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #124  
Well I got a call to come in and look at it after the "repairs" were done. . . .

I think the correct response would be: "I'm not coming in to look at repairs. You can't "repair" it enough to make it like a new tractor. Your options are to either (1) get me a new one like the Kubota rep said, or (2) give me my money back, or (3) I'll see you in court. Pick one."

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #125  
lamanated, and all,
I don't post often, in fact virtually never, but I do read, & read, & read.
I have a BX22 ROPS, FEL, BH, 54"MMM, 52" SB, Woods 60"RB, Mighty MAC Chipper, BEFCO 32" Tiller, & 30 ton splitter. My gear has lived outside since day 1. While I only have ~700hrs on it it looks better than what Laminated has been sold. Does aluminum develop an oxidized layer, yes, but that doesn't involve pitting, or the white aluminum "mold" that comes from an acidic chemical process. Does cast iron rust, yes it does, but not anywhere near as quickly as what has happened to that tractor. That machine was exposed to a corrosive mist of some kind. That's the only way that I can think of that would cause so much of that kind of corrosion, so uniformly, over so many surfaces, so quickly. I'm not even sure that salt would do that much damage that fast. (My truck [2004 Dakota 189k mi} doesn't have that much rust or corrosion on it & it travels on the salt laden highways around DC. (Believe me the MSHA, VDOT, & DCDOT use TONS of it for snow. :confused2: MSHA even uses a slurry to make to work faster.:yuck: 2" of snow paralyzes this area, 6" and people start thinking of cannibalism. :licking: It's really ridiculous. :confused:)
I've looked at the pictures that were posted,and it appears that the corrosion & rust are not limited to but, mostly on the engine & frame. These assemblies are made in Japan, then packaged & shipped over to the US for assembly. If yo look carefully at the metal bodywork, it doesn't show the effects of corrosion, like the engine & frame assembly does. To build up that much corrosion on aluminum takes time. Rust on the hose clamp is a dead give away. That machine remained damp for in a corrosive mist for an extended time. It appears to me like the engine & frame assembly wasn't sealed up correctly for the boat ride over & began to corrode. The factory received it and the QC folx didn't DQ it, they let it go & laminated & the dealer get to deal with it. It would be interesting to know if this was a Friday or Monday built machine. Anyway, it doesn't matter where, how, or why the corrosion got there, it did. Since the tractor was sold as new it should not need to be "buffed" out, cleaned up, or repaired. It should be new, ready to go & work hard for a very long time.

Clear Dark Skies
Trafficman
39.138274 -77.168898

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #126  
Any person dealing with equipment should be able to look at the situation and come to a similar conclusion that something is not right and should be addressed.
Perhaps the Dealer got a 'deal' and rather than sell as a damaged 'new' sold as a new and now his ***** is in a bind! A earlier post by OP stated Kubota rep said he was getting a new tractor and Dealer said "NO, I do as I please"

Perhaps a lawsuit would settle all this?? :confused3:

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #127  
Hello to the OP! What's the current status? Forget the buy American quips and such, they're just nonsense intended to provoke and raise ire. What is important is the K Rep should rule OVER the dealer and what he and K corporate say is what rules; not some dealer who is lame enough to have sold you that piece of junk lemon in the first place.
Kick it back to the rep- who you should be in contact with on a regular basis until this is resolved to YOUR satisfaction.:thumbsup:

Laminated will have to chime in, but I believe he has his original tractor back. It was disassembled and painted by the dealer. He says it is in as "New" and acceptable condition now.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #128  
Sell it..

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics #129  
Man, if i purchased a NEW tractor and that showed up, it would have not been in my shop for more than 1 day before it was returned. Sandblasting and repainting would not solve the problem. Unless he purchased it as a ...."as is" basis, i would not accept it even if dealer did a repair to it.

/ My brand new corroded and rusted BX2360 pics
Hi Folks, I finally got it back the other day, they replaced the whole center section and touched up some things. The seat railings are still stiff, so will call in on that. The service mgr at the dealer was decent to talk to, the area rep the same. Head office has yet to respond.Which tells me where you stand I guess, even though at work, we spent well over a half million in their products in the last yr I believe.
Also, Id say for everyone to have a look at the seat track and soak it with oil..