How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)?

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #41  
[QUOTE Also has hooks so you can take it out with the loader when full and store somewhere safe. [/QUOTE]
I would bet that if you had looked closely when you bought that tank, there were stickers that said the hooks were only for lifting the empty tank. You will have quite a mess if the hooks pull out of a full tank of diesel. None of the fuel tanks are designed to be lifted by those strap, hooks, etc. when full. You should instead use straps around the tank for lifting or lift from the bottom with forks.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #42  
I fill my new tractor out of the home heating oil tank in the basement.

Since I am on heating assistance I get to use my tractor courtesy of the state welfare program. Last year I used so much fuel the state is insulating my house for free.

Fred

You bought an HST cabbed L3940, yet you rely on welfare assistance and claim to be cheating the system. Really?

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #43  
Gary on the nozzles with the "safety" slide switch and the lever to operate them. Remove the safety slide switch by taking a pair of pliers and reach in from the bottom and yank that entire safety mechanism out and throw it away. The lever operates just as well and you don't have to wrestle with the stupid safety.
I have done that with both of my spouts.

OK here is what I do to fuel the Kioti. I have 2 yellow Blitz cans with the lever type spouts with the safety switches removed as noted above.. I keep an old towel nearby. I place the towel on the hood at the edge of the fuel fill port after blowing off the dust. I lift up the 5 gallon can and place it on the towel with the spout pointed into the fuel filler neck. I usually make the 90 degree rotation of the fuel can by first setting the fuel can on the loader arm. then grasp it with both hands to rotate it forward to rest on the towel with the spout pointed down into the fuel filler neck.

The spouts don't leak so no fuel is spilled. Now all I have to do is start the fuel flow by pushing back the spout lever and holding it. No pain no strain, no holding the can, about 3-4 minutes later it is done.

If it only needs part of the 5 gallons, no worries, just watch/listen and when the fuel start so get close to the neck, release the lever and the fuel flow stops. The towel prevents scratching the hood, the Kioti hood is made of good Korean steel, and it does not dent or bend. The lift is really pretty easy even for an old man like me.

If I get too weak to lift it some day, I will think of something else. Fueling to me is a total non-issue, and the 10 gallons on hand insures I always have fresh fuel.

James K0UA

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #44  
I have 5 gallons can to bring diesel fuel home. When empty, it goes to the trailer I take for trash runs to the dump and I refill next time I am in town.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #45  
You bought an HST cabbed L3940, yet you rely on welfare assistance and claim to be cheating the system. Really?

Hmmm...that thought entered my mind also.

Who pays for the "free"?

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #46  
I fill my new tractor out of the home heating oil tank in the basement.

Since I am on heating assistance I get to use my tractor courtesy of the state welfare program. Last year I used so much fuel the state is insulating my house for free.

Fred

Wow. For anyone to put that down in writing is obviously not the sharpest tack in the pack. If the right people see that statement new insulation or not you might be putting in a cold winter. As a tax payer I would be madder than a wet hen to read that statement. :mad:

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #47  
I bought one of those 30 gallon wheel fuel caddy's off of ebay and have two cans. I take them all up and fill them at the same time to make the trip worth while. The caddy has a hand crank on it that I always overflow the fuel with so I have a new idea for next year. I am going to harbor freight and get me one of those 12V fuel transfer pumps and on the rear of an LS tractor there is a 7 pin electrical connector that I am going to get the male end for to power the pump. That way the electrical connector is at the rear of the tractor the fuel tank is at the rear and I can watch as I fill the tank so I don't over flow it. I really want one of the 50 gallon steel tanks at TSC that I can bolt down to a skid to place in and remove with the forks but they just want to much for them, if I ever do get one though I can still use the same pump setup .

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #48  
I like the concept of putting a jerry can in the FEL. And then thru some extreme dexterity lifting the FEL and just POURING the can into the fuel tank. :) But I'd probably spill some :)

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #49  
I doubt it was by design, but maybe? On the DK you can start filling the tank and then sit the 5 gallon jug on top of the loader. All I have to do is hold it to balance it. I should add a little plate there to steady the jug so I can just leave it there and do some greasing while I wait.
If you can get a flexible spout for your jug, you might find you can sit it down while it's draining.

My L3650 is the same way, I can actually balance it on the loader, the spill-proof nozzle has a "hook" on it which I can use to keep it propped open on the filler neck, for hands-free fueling.

I have the HF diesel pump but I've never used it, I've found that I use very little diesel on the tractor & skid loader. My truck is a diesel, so one day I hope to have fuel for all at home... but now I bought a beater, so the truck might not get used much either.

Maybe I'll buy one of those farm fuel stands some day.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #50  

My thoughts exactly!