How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)?

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #231  
Putting in a vent like I described above makes all of the difference in the world, even if you still use the push-to-leak nozzle on the new cans. Not putting a vent in a vessel designed to pour through a spout is so idiotic that only the government could have mandated it.

I only use a 5 gallon jug for my BX don't have to fill it very often. But a tire valve on the high side of the tank makes a huge difference. The fuel flows out rather than sloshing. Just unscrew the valve and cap it off. Vast improvement.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #232  
How do I fuel up? I throw down punk music and roll through town on my 26" dubs.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #233  
With This
fuel tank diesel 002.jpg

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #235  
I have been using a couple 5 gallon cans... which work fine for as little as I've used my tractor this past summer. But I recently aquired a nice clean 55 gallon drum... I may simply mount it on a stand on it's side and gravity fill from it... unless I can find a pump of some type free or cheap. Work in progress.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #236  
Agree with this. Anyone else out there with this type of can that's experiencing the leak problem?
I have a diesel No Spill, gas 5 gallon, and gas 2.5 gallon. All work great.

I repaired/upgraded some of my older cans with EZ-POUR Universal Fuel & Water Jug Spout kits. They include a vent. Sold at some Tractor Supply stores. Some states ban them for fuel cans but not for, ahem, water cans.

The EPA cans are idiotic, you spill so much it's a step backwards and you emit more filling them then dispensing anyway.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #237  
I've been using a 55gal drum with a 12VDC 8gpm pump. Works great.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #238  
We have two tractors, the big one has a fuel tank that holds 33 gallons and the little tractor holds 20 gallons so 53 all together. How do we haul diesel? 3 5 gallon hand tanks, yes its a pain and I'm trying to get a tank for the farm but can't find one cheap enough for dad.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #239  
We have three 6 gallon cans. Small tractor. Works good.

/ How do you fuel your tractor (logistics, not finding the cap to the tank)? #240  
Well, there are only 24 pages to this exciting topic so why not more !? P1200661.jpg This is what I did. TractorSupply (and others) sell a 35 gallon sized white polystyrene tank normally intended for insecticides. Works just fine for diesel fuel. The outlet fits standard 3/4" pipe threaded gasoline hose hardware. The neat thing is you can cart this around in an old station wagon or pickup truck or what have you. Fill it with the equivalent of 6 or 7 cans of fuel. I have 2 modes of operation: One is gravity feed which means just park the tractor and the tank carrier in positions that facilitate gravity feed. With a 25' hose that is usually not hard to find. Another mode is: drill a hole in the large top filler cap of the tank. Install a bicycle valve there. When you are in some marginal gravity circumstance, just add some air pressure to the tank and feed the fuel under air pressure. BE CAREFUL HOWEVER ! The tank will not stand a lot of psi !!! It is fairly handy that the tank cap has a relief valve with no gasket built in to it. In effect that leaks just right and prevents ever blowing up the tank. :)