New buyer looking for advice

/ New buyer looking for advice
I guess that I was spoiled with the skid steer I was using. I last worked on a tractor about 15 years ago during college and it was an older tractor then... and I only really drove fence posts and cut fields with it. Recently, I've spent some good time in a few mini excavators and track steers and expected all equipment would perform so well, that all machines had made giant leaps forward.

I guess I'll have to rent something to finish my block laying and just decide on what tractor makes the most sense for me otherwise. I plow my asphalt driveway now with a rhino and would get rid of it. (driveway is steep and windy, although only 300' long). I'm liking the Deere 3x20 series.

/ New buyer looking for advice
   / New buyer looking for advice #23  
I guess I'll have to rent something to finish my block laying and just decide on what tractor makes the most sense for me otherwise. I plow my asphalt driveway now with a rhino and would get rid of it. (driveway is steep and windy, although only 300' long). I'm liking the Deere 3x20 series.

Wise choice. If I was replacing my ole JD2210 today, it would be with a 3xxx series. I mow 3 acres, haul wood in a 3pt tote box, push snow with a front blade and use a 5' box blade for ocassional repair to my 600' driveway. Plus whatever "honey-do" yard work the wife comes up with. I like my Jd2210, but it's just a bit small.

/ New buyer looking for advice #24  
Rule of thumb: select a tractor that weighs at least twice the maximum weight you want to lift with the FEL. That 3032 only weighs about 2200 lb. Reason: safety, especially if you plan to move the load over non-level ground. For example: my Mahindra 5525 can lift 2950 lb at the FEL pins and the tractor/FEL weighs about 6200 lb. That 3032 is way too small for 1700 lb.

Good luck.

/ New buyer looking for advice #25  
Rule of thumb: select a tractor that weighs at least twice the maximum weight you want to lift with the FEL. That 3032 only weighs about 2200 lb. Reason: safety, especially if you plan to move the load over non-level ground. For example: my Mahindra 5525 can lift 2950 lb at the FEL pins and the tractor/FEL weighs about 6200 lb. That 3032 is way too small for 1700 lb.

Good luck.

You left the weight of the loader, and bucket out of the number you used for the 3032. The machine is 2,200lbs, the loader and bucket are 900 (690 and 205 respectively), so it's really 3,100lbs. Throw in a counterweight, which it will need regardless, and you're at double the lift weight, or more.

Still, I agree that a 3032 is a bit smaller than I'd want to try tacking 1,700lbs with on a regular basis.

/ New buyer looking for advice #26  
I'm liking the Deere 3x20 series.
I think that would be a good choice for general upkeep around a home place. I have a JD 870, which is just a bit smaller than the 3220, and it handles 5-ft rear blade doing road maintenance or snow plowing, 5-ft Bush Hog rotary cutter, 5-ft. tiller, or a 4" chipper with no problem. Also handles well anything I can get in the rather roomy bucket of the FEL.

Terry