Hydraulic "hard" Line crack

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack #1  

BizDoc

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
My Kubota B3030C Cab model has a hard hydraulic line that attaches to the right (while sitting in seat) side of the motor, just above the fuel filter. The crack is just back of the connection to the motor. I was thinking of putting on a rubber clamp to seal off the crack so I could continue to use it till I can get it to the shop. Anyone else ever do this?

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack #2  
Hydraulics are running around 2,500 psi. Rubber or hose clamps aren't likely to help with that kind of pressure.

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack
Thank you for the reply. I tried but to no avail. The fluid kept coming out. This happened once prior and they had to remove the cab to replace the line. Grief, This cab thing is getting expensive, I think next time I'll get a soft cab.

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack #4  
It sounds like it could be a steering line...if so it will leak more when the steering wheel is being moved...

again...if so...it is not difficult to replace...[edit] sorry...now I see the issue with the cab...

good luck...

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack
It sounds like it could be a steering line...if so it will leak more when the steering wheel is being moved...

again...if so...it is not difficult to replace...[edit] sorry...now I see the issue with the cab...

good luck...

Thank you, You are correct. I looked at the line and it seemed simple enough to remove from the front engine position, then I determined there were no other connections that I could find as I saw it run under the cab. Why they don't break these things down prior to going under the cab is an engineering mystery.

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack #6  
any way to remove and realce with a soft line. even if you have to cut the hard line to remove.

ie. cut old line. then add soft line with cab on?

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack #7  
I have used compression fitting to splice cracked steering hard line with excellent success. Can you cut the cracked section out and use them????

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack #8  
depends on how close the crack is to the fitting I guess.

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack #9  
IMO cutting/splicing the line with a compression fitting would be at least a temporary solution...

FWIW I recently replaced one of the steering hard lines...I know the cab complicates things...the cowling under the dash etc. has to come off (in my case the steering wheel, the hand throttle handle etc. had to be removed just to get the cowling off)...I also disassembled the parking brake linkage for more room...
...again FWIW I believe you will need a 17mm (line) wrench for the oem fitting...

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack #10  
I don't know if this would work in your situation but if you could get one end loose and drain the fluid out I have seen them brazed and still holding 15 years later.