Hydraulic "hard" Line crack

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack #11  
braze is a great way to fix a hard line...

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack #12  
IMO cutting/splicing the line with a compression fitting would be at least a temporary solution...

FWIW I recently replaced one of the steering hard lines...I know the cab complicates things...the cowling under the dash etc. has to come off (in my case the steering wheel, the hand throttle handle etc. had to be removed just to get the cowling off)...I also disassembled the parking brake linkage for more room...
...again FWIW I believe you will need a 17mm (line) wrench for the oem fitting...

I am going on 5 years without a drip, Supposed I could make a new line but why bother. I agree Brazing is probably the best

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack
Thank you. Very good suggestions for me to ask the shop on Monday, I don't want to take the cab off again, last time it was north of $1,000 to remove the cab and replace a hard line.

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack #14  
i'd look into seeing if that fitting was accessable with cab on.. and if so.. I'd have it fixed as a 2 part deal. ie.. soft line to fitting or something.

that's a terrible amount to pay for a cracked line if it is happening often.

i had a ps pump with a right angle adapter coming out of it. pump was situated so that you had to remove it to take line off.

I sawed the conenctor in half. screwed the piece out of the pump, put in a straight and a 6" piece of softline to adapter to hook back up to the other line.

IMHO.. poor design... fixed now though. :)

good luck

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack #15  
We had a similar line crack on our BX2660 (the line going around the back which feeds the 3 point) and they replaced it with a piece of 1/4" hydraulic hose. Works well.

Aaron Z

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack #16  
Not sure about other models but the fittings on the line I replaced (as I learned here on an older thread) are "inverted flares"...they are not typical ag app fittings...FWIW...

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack #17  
more common on older tractors though

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack
Got the tractor back today. They were able to remove a small piece of the line. Apparently there is a break not too far under the cab that allowed the removal of that particular piece of line. As mentioned here, it was brazed, they painted the piece to match the engine, put it back together, and put in 2 gallons of hydraulic fluid. I'm back in business. The garage did me right, got a reduced rate on pick and delivery, just 2 hours shop time and the cost of fluid.

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack #19  
happy ending!.. and didn't even have to go to thialand! ;)

/ Hydraulic "hard" Line crack #20  
Glad to hear it...!

Just curious...(question for those that know)...will silver soldering on hydraulic lines hold the pressure if done properly?