Pics of my homemade rake in use

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use #1  

aarolar

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota MX4800
Working in clearing up some cutovers to make dove field and food plots and I needed something to pile up limbs and pull out small gums and cherry trees. Made up this sorta root rake type thing and it's quickly becoming my most favorite implement. Today I was working in a food plot and was pulling out some gums.

The victim
uploadfromtaptalk1456609041178.jpg

Back over it and drop the rake
uploadfromtaptalk1456609163973.jpg

Pull foward and boom there it is roots and all. Sometimes it takes a few attacks to get a good hook and on a real big one I may need to come from mutiple directions.
uploadfromtaptalk1456609298416.jpg

Then I drag it to the burn pile and back blade it into the pile.
uploadfromtaptalk1456609382019.jpg

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use
uploadfromtaptalk1456609464497.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1456609489348.jpg

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use #3  
Please-post more pictures of the details of the root raky thing.

It looks a lot like a heavy duty multi-bladed subsoiler, and I for one would love to see more of it.

Thanks,
Thomas

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use #4  
A subsoiler penetrates much deeper. A tractor the size of the OP's and mine could pull a one or maybe two shank subsoiler depending on conditions how our tractors are configured.

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use #5  
What HP is your tractor and more pics please. Ed

A subsoiler penetrates much deeper. A tractor the size of the OP's and mine could pull a one or maybe two shank subsoiler depending on conditions how our tractors are configured.
Yep I have a 24" subsoiler too and in the best of conditions I can pull it full depth but typically only 18-20". This rake only focuses on the topsoil layer simply to remove as much limbs and small stumps without destroying the topsoil like a loader or blade would.

ED,
My tractor is rated at 47hp engine and weighs about 4k lbs with loaded tires. I'll get a few more pics this morning of it unhitched.

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use #7  
I have seen a tool like this before and I can see where it would make a great rake for bigger trash. I believe it's a smoothing and leveling tillage tool for use after plowing or aggressively working the ground but before some smoothing tool like a drag harrow. Of course, all this was before all the tillage trips were eliminated by different farming practices. It's great for small farms and I would like to find one.

To the OP...what a great find. Did you get at an auction or private sale? Pricey or a deal?

I have seen a tool like this before and I can see where it would make a great rake for bigger trash. I believe it's a smoothing and leveling tillage tool for use after plowing or aggressively working the ground but before some smoothing tool like a drag harrow. Of course, all this was before all the tillage trips were eliminated by different farming practices. It's great for small farms and I would like to find one.

To the OP...what a great find. Did you get at an auction or private sale? Pricey or a deal?
Built from scratch.

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use #9  
Please-post more pictures of the details of the root raky thing.

It looks a lot like a heavy duty multi-bladed subsoiler, and I for one would love to see more of it.

Thanks,
Thomas

^
I for two would like to see how you made your rake. Looks good !!

Got real busy today and forgot to take pictures today I'll try and remember tomorrow.