Pics of my homemade rake in use

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use #21  
They were an add on though I initially started to cut the tines that way but changed at the last second. They allow me to push backward. Once the pile gets so big it's just no feasible to drive over it so I'll drag stuff up to the pile then cut hard at the last second dump the load then push it into the pile.

Thanks for the information, and nice job!

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use #22  
That looks great. I love the reverse tines!

Chris

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use #23  
A question about pushing backwards on a 3 point linkage - are all tractors/linkages made so that it is safe to push backwards on them? Are there limitations on this? I have always tended to the view that they work best pulling rather than pushing, but haven't thought too deeply or researched why I think that :)

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use #24  
A question about pushing backwards on a 3 point linkage - are all tractors/linkages made so that it is safe to push backwards on them? Are there limitations on this? I have always tended to the view that they work best pulling rather than pushing, but haven't thought too deeply or researched why I think that :)

You can absolutely use a three point implement to push backward. No harm done. Just use common sense and don't beat on it too hard.

Chris

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use #25  
Yep, you can do it, but it's definitely designed to be used primarily the other direction. Like Chris said, use common sense. For example, don't go ramming things in reverse, and keep your speed low while going backwards in case something snags; that way you'll have a chance to react before something breaks.

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use #26  
I knew I had seen something similar. Here's a photo I took at a farm auction today . Yours looks much better for brush with thinner tips and the reverse tine section. This thing is laying on it's side awaiting a farm auction this weekend. Yours is a great build.

IMG_4704.JPG

IMG_4703.JPG

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use #27  
I have seen a tool like this before and I can see where it would make a great rake for bigger trash. I believe it's a smoothing and leveling tillage tool for use after plowing or aggressively working the ground but before some smoothing tool like a drag harrow. Of course, all this was before all the tillage trips were eliminated by different farming practices. It's great for small farms and I would like to find one.

----------------------------

I knew I had seen something similar. Here's a photo I took at a farm auction today . Yours looks much better for brush with thinner tips and the reverse tine section. This thing is laying on it's side awaiting a farm auction this weekend. Yours is a great build.

View attachment 461004 View attachment 461005
Maybe you saw the Land Shark Scarifier Bar From: Tractor Scarifier Bar from Everything Attachments

LS-SCARIFIER-1.jpg

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use #28  
A better picture of the Land Shark Scarifier Bar, from the previous post.

20160301_093306s.jpg

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use #29  
Here's an even better view. I bought this one at an auction over the weekend. I'm hooked.

IMG_4738.JPG

IMG_4739.JPG

My use is different from aarolar, and I would prefer his thinner shank design but this one will work perfect for busting hard ground for me. I'd never get around to making one like he did. Anyway, this is a perfect mini ripper for my use. Thanks aarolar.

/ Pics of my homemade rake in use #30  
Here's an even better view. I bought this one at an auction over the weekend.

I'm hooked.

Yep, the best view, it is yours and on your tractor :thumbsup:.

Looks like you got "unhooked" :D