what to do with my rotary shredder

/ what to do with my rotary shredder
I have it out on the farm now and I was going to work on it but the heat is too much on me.
They say the heat index, feels like in the shade, is 106 to 110, and in the sun you can add 15 degrees.
As an old out of shape guy on meds that don't like the sun, it is just too hot.
Next week the humidity is suppose to be less. I will try again next week.

/ what to do with my rotary shredder #32  
Good luck. After seeing pic's it definitely looks worth repairing, imo.

/ what to do with my rotary shredder #33  
I have it out on the farm now and I was going to work on it but the heat is too much on me.
They say the heat index, feels like in the shade, is 106 to 110, and in the sun you can add 15 degrees.
As an old out of shape guy on meds that don't like the sun, it is just too hot.
Next week the humidity is suppose to be less. I will try again next week.

Same here in Tyler. Heat index with the humidity makes it 108 outside, and tomorrow it's supposed to jump up to 114!!!! Nothing so important that it can't wait until temps are under 100

/ what to do with my rotary shredder #34  
Nothing so important that it can't wait until temps are under 100
I agree with your sentiment, but I think your temperature is off by 20 degrees. Here in the mountains we thing anything over 80 is grounds for staying indoors and drinking something cold. :drink:

/ what to do with my rotary shredder #35  
I worked outside in this Texas heat wave all day today. Simply miserable.

/ what to do with my rotary shredder #36  
It looks identical to my King Kutter except for size. Go to the King Kutter website and download a manual for it and check it out. I would fix it in any case. Whether you sell it or keep using it is up to you, but no reason to junk it.

https://www.kingkutter.com/storep.aspx?id=323

/ what to do with my rotary shredder
I got a reply from KK. All the sizes and measurement look like their parts fit.
I could not get what is left of the stump jumper off. No surprise, I could not get it off before it broke.
I got the plasma cutter out and cut most of the stump jumper off, leaving one blade on to work with.. The pto shaft looked a little bent. Sure enough I measured a little more than 1/8 of an inch difference in the tip of the shaft while rotating it, and about a 2 1/2 inch difference in blade tip on the rotation. So it will never balance.

Any thoughts on where to go now?

/ what to do with my rotary shredder #38  
Around here, I'd put it in the back of the pickup and take it to Gerdau. Might need a 2nd person to help you topple it out of the pickup. At worst, maybe they could pick it up with their magnetic thingie.

The whole thing. Doubt the gearbox and all is worth saving.

Ralph

Most standard duty mowers use the same gearbox. It will probably fit a dozen or more mowers. Don't throw it away. It won't take 30 min to remove.

I would fix it. King Kutter gives the best cut of any of the mowers I have used. Keep it out of the ditches and it will be all right. The design of the three point hook up can not take a lot of stress and the tail wheel mount is no more than adequate. Great for pastures.

/ what to do with my rotary shredder #40  
if you are looking to buy an expensive cutter I bought a bushhog 296 and I love it, I've cut stuff that it is not supposed to and don't slow much for 1" to 3" mesquite bushes. I think it has a 150hp GBX so I don't think my 50hp machine will ruin the GBX

my .02$