Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor?

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #1  

sirrobinhood

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK55
Hello all, I have an issue with my brand new tractor with 20 hrs on it. Its leaking/pouring trans fluid out, looses a gallon every 4 hours or so. Dealer says there is too much fluid in the center of the tractor, hence the leak, but there isn't enough fluid making it back to the rear end.
They want to split my tractor to see what's going on. Looks like the manufacturer has no idea what's going on.
What are your thoughts? I don't like the fact of splitting, I just don't think a tractor is the same. Looks like this is a major issue and nobody knows what's going on. I'm afraid I'll get the run around from the manufacture.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #2  
Stuff happens get it fixed and be done with it. Surprised you have a brand new DK-35 as they have not made them for awhile. Nice machine.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #3  
Let the dealer do hat he has to do to fix your tractor. A gallon every 4 hours is not normal. He'll call the factory rep if he can't figure it out. Hard to diagnose until he gets it apart.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor?
I have a DK55, I wish I would have kept that DK35! I had a thousand hours on it and it didn't leak a drop!

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #5  
I have a DK55, I wish I would have kept that DK35! I had a thousand hours on it and it didn't leak a drop!

Sorry your avatar line said 35 a moment ago. Let them fix it and be done with it.

IMG_0239.JPG

The tractor was parked for about 2 hours

No problems, I fixed the avatar! :)

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #8  
At 20 hours I would want a new tractor. Let them fix the old and sell it as reconditioned.

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #9  
Your tractor is in need of repair at no cost to you. It's not a good situation for you while its down for repairs however has to be done. They will make it right. Don't worry!

/ Thoughts on splitting a brand new tractor? #10  
At 20 hours I would want a new tractor. Let them fix the old and sell it as reconditioned.
Do you really think that you will get a new "anything" when a first repair is needed. That is just stupid to even think much less post. Sure you may want a new one, but not very likely in fact impossible to even think that you would get a new tractor over a simple oil leak. I am not sure if tractors fall under lemon laws but even if they did, first repair doesn't constitute a lemon.

As far as the OP and splitting the tractor, all machinery gets the occasional uh-oh when assembled, which is this case is likely just an o-ring or other type of gasket. Tractors, trucks, cars etc have bolted joints made for assembly and disassembly without causing damage to the equipment. Imagine having to buy a new tractor or car because the clutch wore out or buying a new tractor because you overheated the engine and now need a new engine.

Let the dealer fix your problem and get on with your tractor ownership.