What's in your tractor toolbox?

/ What's in your tractor toolbox? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
What's in your tractor toolbox? All I've got is an adjustable wrench to loosen the toplink nut, a large pair of pliers, extra click pins, some CAT 1/CAT II adaptors and a pair of leather gloves. You?

Oops--forgot the rag to wipe hydraulic ends.

Last edited:
   / What's in your tractor toolbox? #2  
Interesting. I think i have;
Fence building pliers
Slip joint regular pliers
Variety of bushings, pins, etc.
Flat puncture fixing kit
Short handle 2 lb shop hammer
Older pair of leather gloves
Rag for wiping of hydraulic hose ends

/ What's in your tractor toolbox? #3  
Mines got everything but what is required for the job at hand!

/ What's in your tractor toolbox? #4  
Since I replaced that small tool box with a larger tool box, I have too much to list.
Several things I can't do without are:
WD40
Slip joint pliers
Short handle shop hammer
A small pipe wrench
1/2" socket set
Large Phillips screw driver
Several ringed and hairpin pins
etc.

/ What's in your tractor toolbox? #5  
I have an adjustable wrench, pair of slip-joint pliers, nut driver that fits the hose bands on my leaf vac, and some spare lynch pins. That's been all I've needed for the past 20 years.

/ What's in your tractor toolbox? #7  
Everything I dont need at the time something breaks .

/ What's in your tractor toolbox? #8  
I replaced my small factory toolbox with a more generous sized one I built myself in a welding class. Besides the usual adjustable wrenches, replacement pins/clips etc and screwdrivers, I also have a little "hydraulic quick connector" kit that consists of a 2" piece of 3/8" steel rod and a ball peen hammer and some rags. When the unconnected quick connectors are pressurized by the sun's heat, I can tap the male with the hammer and do likewise for the female with the steel rod insert and hammer to open things up. Rags to clean my hands/gloves afterwards.

My toolbox also contains a few short sections of chain and shackles used to secure odd items that need lifting. I need to lift a swimming float in and out of the ocean over a seawall twice a year using a tree boom and always forgot where I left the chain and shackles until I just started keeping them on the tractor. Very convenient now.

Attachments

• image-1266722614.jpg
    image-1266722614.jpg
    676.3 KB · Views: 318
  • image-3314475206.jpg
    image-3314475206.jpg
    638 KB · Views: 295
  • image-1952603563.jpg
    image-1952603563.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 314
   / What's in your tractor toolbox? #10  
Plus a chipping hammer for the ice buildup.....at my feet is an old tire iron as well.