New grand L 6060 rear remote questions?

/ New grand L 6060 rear remote questions? #1  

genze

Tractor
Bobcat, Kubota L6060 Cab
I just ordered a new L6060 this week. This will be my first tractor so I'm pretty green. I have had a bobcat for a many years for construction but they don't function anything like a tractor.

My question has to do with the rear remotes.

I have ordered 3 rear remote valves
2 standard double acting valves
1 float detent valve

Is this the best way to order these valves or is there a reason have 2 float detent and 1 double acting valve.

I am first ordering the following implements.

Kabota rear 74 inch snowblower with both hydraulic shoot rotation and hydraulic distance control.

A rear box blade with hydraulic scarifiers

A bush hog

And eventually I will probably get a log splitter and possibly a wood chipper.

I would just like to get this right the first time rather than having to mess around with it later when I order other implements.

So any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

Last edited:
   / New grand L 6060 rear remote questions? #2  
I didn't on mine due to ignorance, but if I had it to do over again, I'd go two floats, one for the top link and one for side link. I use an HR3584 and can do a good job, it would just be nice to be able to let it float sometimes.

/ New grand L 6060 rear remote questions? #3  
Better to have the float and not need it than to need it and not have it. :eek: Other than the float detent, the valve operates exactly the same as the double acting valve. Get the float feature.

Just as a side note, if you are considering getting a top & tilt set either now or in the future, Kubota has been having some supply problems for quite some time now, (18-24 months?) so something that should be considered. ;)

Is there any future reason that you may need a loader 3rd function? (grapple?) If so, now is the time to get it. :thumbsup:

Enjoy your new tractor. :cool2:

/ New grand L 6060 rear remote questions?
Ok so two float valves and one standard double acting valve? Already ordered front 3 TD function valve.
Thanks

/ New grand L 6060 rear remote questions? #5  
If Kubota has a delay on cylinders, get them from Brian at Fit-Rite, I have them both and his are top notch.

/ New grand L 6060 rear remote questions? #6  
Genze -- are you going to be running an FEL snowplow?

/ New grand L 6060 rear remote questions? #7  
Ok so two float valves and one standard double acting valve? Already ordered front 3 TD function valve.
Thanks

Yes, that is what I would get. :thumbsup:

I've pretty much decided to get the Kabota 74 inch rear snowblower and I'm debating, but I will probably order a quick attach front plow.
Is far as the plow is concerned I'm not quite sure which one would be best for me. I'm not really going to be doing any kind of commercial work plowing driveways or anything like that.
mainly just going to use it to plow our own drive and parking area which is probably 1500 to 2000 feet of driveway plus various parking areas around our house and our barn

Can you give me an example of what implements I would be using that would need two separate float valves to be working at the same time.
I still have time to change my order from one float valve and to double-acting valves to the two float valves and one double acting valve,
I'm just trying to get an idea on and what cases I would use the float on my rear three point.
I know it's not the same but I did order draft control as well for the three-point which was an option.
Thanks for all the help

/ New grand L 6060 rear remote questions? #10  
Can you give me an example of what implements I would be using that would need two separate float valves to be working at the same time.
I still have time to change my order from one float valve and to double-acting valves to the two float valves and one double acting valve,
I'm just trying to get an idea on and what cases I would use the float on my rear three point.
I know it's not the same but I did order draft control as well for the three-point which was an option.
Thanks for all the help

It's not that you would ever use both float features at the same exact time, but do you really want to be switching hoses back and forth from different cylinders?

My recommendations are based on that you will end up with a top & tilt set. If that is not even a consideration, then just stay with what you have ordered.

I can tell you that I have many customers that use the side link float feature with their snow blowers. This allows the blower to follow the contour of the ground better. It is very common to use the float feature with a hydraulic top link when using a 3pt mower. Depending on what it is that you are mowing (topography) but many mowers simply do not move enough to allow the mower to follow the ground.

There are other examples, those are just a couple.

I believe that the float feature is about $100 over the std valve. Doesn't make sense to not get it to me.

Just my :2cents: