Loader Hydraulic 2 lever quick connect for FEL

/ Hydraulic 2 lever quick connect for FEL #1  

Piston

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4610 Hitachi UH083LC
I see a lot of skidsteers/CTL's use a hydraulic quick disconnect function for changing out front attachments like buckets, blades etc. from the operators seat.

This is a factory option for the newer Kubota L47 and M62 tractors, but I imagine it's also an option on other CUT's and don't see a reason it can't be used on any skidsteer QD 2 lever system like most of our tractors have, except mine :(

My question is, how does it work? As in, does it simply plug into a 3rd function front remote like a grapple or snowplow would?

I imagine not, only because then you couldn't use it with any of those attachments?

In this YouTube video, at the end it shows the connection, but since there is no narration, I can't really tell what is controlling it, and HOW it's controlling it. Regardless, it shows what it does in case your not aware of what I'm talking about :)

Front Loader Hydraulic Quick Attach Coupler - YouTube

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic 2 lever quick connect for FEL #2  
Its definitely hooked to his third function line, its like a seperate adapter plate that must have some small hydro cylinders inside it to engage the pins, looks like it would need to come off to make use of a grapple either that or you would need a diverter on your 3rd function and a seperate set of lines.... too much hassle though since you still have to hook up hydraulic lines when you connect a grapple anyways

/ Hydraulic 2 lever quick connect for FEL #3  
I built one on my old L3200 with a linear actuator. My final actuator was a $150 one, although one of the cheaper $60 ones would likely work. Probably a light weekend or 2 of metal fabrication.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321704

I'm probably going to go hydraulic when I do it again on my new L4060. But that's only because I have a 3rd function already plumbed in up there. Will put a pair of manual selector valves on there. Only need to hit those manual valves when connecting or disconnecting the hydraulics for an implement.

The OEM Kubota cylinder alone is $800, plus a few hundred for brackets shields & plumbing (not even counting the likely pushing 4 figures for the OEM valving). The OEM Kubota solution has it's own dedicated switches, valving & plumbing seperate from the 3rd function option. The whole option is like $2000 or so.

I'm likely to find a $100ish cylinder for my eventual build rather go that stupid $800 OEM route. May or may not shell out for the OEM guards that cover the cylinder behind the bucket. There is also a chance I may just cheap & go with a linear actuator again too as that's $100-200. Probably pushing $400 for a cylinder, hoses, diverter valves & fittings to do it hydraulically.

Hydraulics are going to be more durable & stronger, but strength & durability was never a problem on my old build. And you can afford to replace a linear actuator once & still be cheaper than the hydraulic option.

/ Hydraulic 2 lever quick connect for FEL
Fallon,
Interesting thread link, thank you.

I didn't know what a linear actuator was, but now that I know I could use one for my chicken coop, well, this could change everything :)

2k for the Kubota option? Sheesh. I can see a DIY project in my future!

If my current tractor was SSQA I probably already would have done this, but I have the Kubota pin on quick attach version which is not nearly as "friendly" as the SSQA.

/ Hydraulic 2 lever quick connect for FEL #5  
Glad I could help feed the disease. ;-)

I really miss my power SSQA. Need to get around to making one for the L4060. Been looking at cylinders at Surplus Center & elsewhere for a while but haven't found the right size one at the right price yet. I want a skinny cylinder so it can't exert that much force to bend & break things if the pins aren't lined up. The 100lbs rated actuator did the job previously, even without the mechanical advantage of the manual lever. I actually put in a circuit breaker rated for less amps than the max load of the 500lbs (I think) rated actuator. So it would pop early if anything jamed. Could put in an extra relief valve on a bigger hydraulic cylinder, but that's pushing an extra $100 or so.

/ Hydraulic 2 lever quick connect for FEL #6  
I'm bringing this thread up again. Why couldn't one order this complete system- say for a Grand L 60, then retro fit it to another kubota like my M7060? It seems like it'd bolt right up....no??

/ Hydraulic 2 lever quick connect for FEL #7  
I'm bringing this thread up again. Why couldn't one order this complete system- say for a Grand L 60, then retro fit it to another kubota like my M7060? It seems like it'd bolt right up....no??
I'd imagine other than the cost its likely to fit. The cylinder alone for the OEM Kubota Grand power SSQA is over $800 though. If I recall when I added everything up looking at the parts on Messicks a while back not including the valves or hoses it was over a grand or 2. You can get an appropriate sized small generic cylinder for $60-100. Outside of the linear actuator on my previous build I was well under $100 in parts, even if I bought the steel at overpriced Home Depot prices.

/ Hydraulic 2 lever quick connect for FEL
I went and 'test drove' (it wasn't for sale) a new Kubota M62 with cab. It had the hydraulic quick disconnect for the FEL, and that thing is SO nice. I would spend the ridiculous money that it costs if I were buying a new tractor. It sounds so lazy, but I'd do it :D

/ Hydraulic 2 lever quick connect for FEL #9  
I see a lot of skidsteers/CTL's use a hydraulic quick disconnect function for changing out front attachments like buckets, blades etc. from the operators seat.

This is a factory option for the newer Kubota L47 and M62 tractors, but I imagine it's also an option on other CUT's and don't see a reason it can't be used on any skidsteer QD 2 lever system like most of our tractors have, except mine :(

My question is, how does it work? As in, does it simply plug into a 3rd function front remote like a grapple or snowplow would?

I imagine not, only because then you couldn't use it with any of those attachments?

In this YouTube video, at the end it shows the connection, but since there is no narration, I can't really tell what is controlling it, and HOW it's controlling it. Regardless, it shows what it does in case your not aware of what I'm talking about :)

Front Loader Hydraulic Quick Attach Coupler - YouTube
Has anyone found where I could buy the hydraulic 2 lever quick connect for FEL as a kit? I just bought Kioti NX6010 with 3rd function valve installed.