Hernia surgery with new tractor on it's way :(

/ Hernia surgery with new tractor on it's way :( #1  

screamin400

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 Mahindra 2538, 2016 Mahindra 2655, 2017 CaseIH 75C, 2021 CaseIH 110c., 2020 Kubota svl 65-2, 2022 Kubota svl 75-2
Umbilical hernia operation today. New Mahindra 2655 coming next week. How does one stay inside and not climb into his new tractor? I am not sure I can do it but the Dr. assures me I will.

/ Hernia surgery with new tractor on it's way :( #2  
Umbilical hernia operation today. New Mahindra 2655 coming next week. How does one stay inside and not climb into his new tractor? I am not sure I can do it but the Dr. assures me I will.
I had inguinal hernia surgery about 10 years ago. It felt like I got shanked with a rusty prison shank for about 6 days after surgery. Then it was like the clouds cleared overnight. I bet you've got friends and family that will climb all over your new ride. :)
Get well soon and don't ignore what your doc says. If you tear your "fix" you will regret it.

/ Hernia surgery with new tractor on it's way :( #3  
Pain will dictate what and how much you do.

I don't know the difference in the types of hernias. Had a mesh repair in my lower left groin in 2011. Still feel pain there from time to time.

Been in serious pain for 5 weeks now. Began as pain after cutting and moving some logs. Developed a rash that apparently is shingles. Have read and heard horror stories about pain from that but the rash is going away while the pain persist. Last week an obvious bulge appeared in the pain area so I'm going back to surgeon to see if I have another hernia.

Over the last 4 weeks I have lost 10 lbs and gained 5 inches.

/ Hernia surgery with new tractor on it's way :( #4  
Pain will dictate what and how much you do.

I don't know the difference in the types of hernias. Had a mesh repair in my lower left groin in 2011. Still feel pain there from time to time.

Been in serious pain for 5 weeks now. Began as pain after cutting and moving some logs. Developed a rash that apparently is shingles. Have read and heard horror stories about pain from that but the rash is going away while the pain persist. Last week an obvious bulge appeared in the pain area so I'm going back to surgeon to see if I have another hernia.

Over the last 4 weeks I have lost 10 lbs and gained 5 inches.

Sounds like the same hernia surgery I had on July 14, 1998. And it was miserable for a week or so. I had mine with a spinal block, so I was able to watch the surgery in that stainless steel light fixture over the operating table, and I saw him pull and stretch things out of the way. I told him later that if I hadn't watched him doing that surgery, I'd have sworn he left a knife in there.

/ Hernia surgery with new tractor on it's way :( #5  
Mine's scheduled for next week, laparoscopic! Been working at getting my lifting & pulling jobs done around here the last few days!

Had a lower hernia repaired 30+ years ago, they cut you open then! Never met the surgeon on that one, local hospital didn't have a surgeon. The hospital would schedule non-emergency surgeries in a group a Dr that grew up near here would fly in from Alaska when needed. I knew his brother through the fire service & recognized the Dr on an episode of "Alaska, The Last frontier" a year or so ago. He was repairing a hernia for Otto on that program!

/ Hernia surgery with new tractor on it's way :( #6  
Too wet to do much out-side any-way!Spring and summer will be here soon enough,get healed up and ready.

/ Hernia surgery with new tractor on it's way :( #8  

Had the same thing back in November. DO WHAT THE DOCTORS TELL YOU TO DO. DON'T DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU NOT TO DO.

Am I clear! LOL.

I didn't take a single pain pill. For once I followed the instructions to a T.

Follow the weight limits and you will be on your tractor before you know it. Don't follow them and it might be months before you do anything.

RSKY

/ Hernia surgery with new tractor on it's way :( #9  
Had the same thing back in November. DO WHAT THE DOCTORS TELL YOU TO DO. DON'T DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU NOT TO DO.

Am I clear! LOL.

I didn't take a single pain pill. For once I followed the instructions to a T.

Follow the weight limits and you will be on your tractor before you know it. Don't follow them and it might be months before you do anything.

RSKY

I most likely did to much too soon and paid the price.

My good news for the day is they don't think I have another. This shingles pain far exceeds the hernia pain though.

/ Hernia surgery with new tractor on it's way :(
I am home. I think I took this too lightly. I have 8 holes in me. The worst part was waking up. I would have thought they would bridge me with something before I woke up. I woke up to no pain killer. The pain was bad enough I started throwing up and was hoping to pass out. I think you could hear me 50 feet away. My God. The pain killers work pretty well. Sitting here at my desk this morning but I will take it easy for some time. No rushing this as I certainly underestimated it. I thought 3 holes in the stomach and I am out. My understanding is the most pain comes from all the corkscrews they put in the mess. I am tired though.