Why Video An Inexperienced Operator?

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #21  
This is my favorite. Check out the comments below the video :D

How to do a Weld on Exhaust Pipe - YouTube

I cannot for the life of me, understand how he can keep his eyes OPEN while looking at the Mig Arc. Perhaps he's already burnt out his retina and he is looking at a muffler from a '65 Ford... the first and last one he was actually able to see.

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #22  
I cannot for the life of me, understand how he can keep his eyes OPEN while looking at the Mig Arc. Perhaps he's already burnt out his retina and he is looking at a muffler from a '65 Ford... the first and last one he was actually able to see.

There are so many videos on YouTube where you watch the video and wonder how they didn't lose an eye, foot, leg, or break there neck. Half the crap that's posted, I would be mortified to have my face associated with the video.

And the worst part is the idiots breed :shocked::eek:

Take this guy for example :confused2:

Tractor raped by tree - YouTube

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #23  
I agree about people without a clue posting videos, most often hand held 90deg off angle, and shaking like a drunk in DTs.

However, I believe that YouTube is an invaluable resource for learning things. You can't take everything at face value, but I have learned so many new things and/or avoided doing things that I would have. Of all the things on the Internet, I would miss YouTube and some forums the most.

I've learned to fix many things on my cars/trucks via YouTube. 1A Auto makes GREAT videos for basic car repair. There are Many others. You just get a LOT of chaff in the grain and YOU have to be smart enough to ignore those videos. I've developed a pretty good YouTube filter and can usually tell early in the video that its not worth my time.

AND I HATE THOSE **** UNBOXING VIDEOS!!! I mean... come on... how did that ever become a 'thing'?

Yeah, the A1 Auto ones are pretty good. :thumbsup:

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #24  
Yeah, the A1 Auto ones are pretty good. :thumbsup:

I'll second the A1 auto. Bought a set of tow mirrors for my Sierra. Their install video was spot on :D

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #25  
They're the ones that showed me how to drill out the rivets in the glass in the Mercury windows.

I think they also had one on changing the headlight bulbs in our 2013 Impala.....

On a side note, reading all the horror stories about inaccessible bulbs, the 2013 Impala is a piece of cake. Just pull one plastic tab and take out one 7mm bolt and the entire headlight assembly pops out. Then it's just a hand tightened cover on the back, a twist out bulb, unplug it, reverse and you're done. It tool me longer to watch the short video than actually doing the job. :laughing:

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #26  
Here is my new 'favorite' video from an expert videographer...

I don't know who would take the time to upload and name this kind of crap. Much less have it publicly associated with you.

John deere 443 and knight 814 - YouTube

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #27  
Here is my new 'favorite' video from an expert videographer...

I don't know who would take the time to upload and name this kind of crap. ...

Funny you used that choice of words.... :laughing:

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #29  

And skin cancer to go with his blindness from lack of gloves and sleeves. AND we should all use our MIG nozzles as a hammer.. yep..

/ Why Video An Inexperienced Operator? #30  
Man o Man. I have seen it all now.

I say that all the time. When I do, someone usuaully does something so stupid, you gotta just shake your head and say it again :rolleyes: