WAKE UP!

/ WAKE UP! #1  

Farmwithjunk

Tractor
Where do I begin.....
Yesterday was a nice day for being outside. I had some shop work to do, but the sun drew me out. There's about 2 acres of weeds along the back of the property that need bush hogging. First, douse myself with Deep Woods Off, get the head phones tuned in to the oldies station, then to the field we go, smilin' bigtime.

A couple pass's around the outer edges confirm nothing much in the way of hidden debrise. MAN! Is this a nice day or what! DAYDREAMIN' weather! Look at the hawk flying over. Is that a ground hog I see over in the field. This sure is POWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! RATTLE BANG CRASH SCRAPE SLAM (and all the other words you're used to seeing when Batman and the Riddler fight)

Obviously something just went under the bush hog. Obviously my nerves are now shot. And my daydreamin' is over for the short term.

What is it?

How about the remnants of a boys 20" MBX bike frame. Tucked down in the weeds, I never saw it pass under the tractor. Never saw it back there in the winter before the weeds grew up.

I will always remember that as the loudest noise I've ever heard.

So, what is the loudest/scariest/most gruesome sounding "hidden treasure" you've ever ran across while hogging?

/ WAKE UP!
Yesterday was a nice day for being outside. I had some shop work to do, but the sun drew me out. There's about 2 acres of weeds along the back of the property that need bush hogging. First, douse myself with Deep Woods Off, get the head phones tuned in to the oldies station, then to the field we go, smilin' bigtime.

A couple pass's around the outer edges confirm nothing much in the way of hidden debrise. MAN! Is this a nice day or what! DAYDREAMIN' weather! Look at the hawk flying over. Is that a ground hog I see over in the field. This sure is POWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! RATTLE BANG CRASH SCRAPE SLAM (and all the other words you're used to seeing when Batman and the Riddler fight)

Obviously something just went under the bush hog. Obviously my nerves are now shot. And my daydreamin' is over for the short term.

What is it?

How about the remnants of a boys 20" MBX bike frame. Tucked down in the weeds, I never saw it pass under the tractor. Never saw it back there in the winter before the weeds grew up.

I will always remember that as the loudest noise I've ever heard.

So, what is the loudest/scariest/most gruesome sounding "hidden treasure" you've ever ran across while hogging?

/ WAKE UP! #3  
Last Saturday,I was cleaning up an area that the previous owners used as a junk pile. Thought that I picked everything up and hit an equipment winch that I did not see. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ WAKE UP! #4  
Last Saturday,I was cleaning up an area that the previous owners used as a junk pile. Thought that I picked everything up and hit an equipment winch that I did not see. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ WAKE UP! #5  
boxsprings from an old bunkbed. 2nd time I used the bush hawg. Sounded awfull. Learned alot about shearbolts that day.

/ WAKE UP! #6  
boxsprings from an old bunkbed. 2nd time I used the bush hawg. Sounded awfull. Learned alot about shearbolts that day.

/ WAKE UP! #7  
How's the repair goin on the bike? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wrapped up a steel cable once, that took some major language to get untangled. The guy said "Oh yeah, meant to tell ya that was there, but just plumb forgot." /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ WAKE UP! #8  
How's the repair goin on the bike? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wrapped up a steel cable once, that took some major language to get untangled. The guy said "Oh yeah, meant to tell ya that was there, but just plumb forgot." /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ WAKE UP! #9  
Rebar sticking up out of the ground and lotsa rocks.

/ WAKE UP! #10  
Rebar sticking up out of the ground and lotsa rocks.