Growing Pains..

/ Growing Pains.. #11  
My first experience with a TBL was the spring after I built my house and I got too close to the house with a borrowed Ford backhoe and the front wheel sunk into the soft mud where the house was back filled which cause the TBL to tip towards the house and put the loader bucket edge into the aluminum siding. Dummy (me) moved the lever which lifted the loader bucket and tour off three courses of siding. Good thing I'm a builder and I could fix it myself but not before a good verbal lashing from my wife. BTW, it still gets thrown in my face every once and a while and this is 30 years later. Isn't there a statute of limitations on our screw ups?

/ Growing Pains.. #12  
Jrrcorp said:
My first experience with a TBL was the spring after I built my house and I got too close to the house with a borrowed Ford backhoe and the front wheel sunk into the soft mud where the house was back filled which cause the TBL to tip towards the house and put the loader bucket edge into the aluminum siding. Dummy (me) moved the lever which lifted the loader bucket and tour off three courses of siding. Good thing I'm a builder and I could fix it myself but not before a good verbal lashing from my wife. BTW, it still gets thrown in my face every once and a while and this is 30 years later. Isn't there a statute of limitations on our screw ups?

Wishful thinking but I am pretty sure there isn't a statute of limitations
The mistakes we make seem to be as serious as murder to some spouses

/ Growing Pains.. #13  
Hosskix said:
OK Oscer, do tell...
How did you break a rifle stock with a tractor??

Incidentally, a buddy of mine broke the stock on my brother's .22 in the same place once...trying to hit a rabbit with it after he'd ran out of bullets.
Have you been rabbit hunting?

LOL!!! Now that's funny!

I have mowed several innocent unsuspecting shrubs into oblivion on my Kubota ZD28 zero turn mower when I was first getting the hang of handling it. I also put a HUGE dent in a light post and knocked a chunk of brick off the new house. Needless to say, the wife wasn't happy. It doesn't happen anymore now that I have a good feel for my ZTR but when I get my new tractor soon I doubt my wife will let me get it anywhere near the house!!

/ Growing Pains.. #14  
Wife was mowing with our Bolens G152, (4' groomer on the tph), was almost finished when she ran out of diesel. When I came home from work, I filled the tank, cracked the injector lines, got it cranked, all while I was consuming a large glass of adult beverage. I jumped on the tractor to mow the small patch of grass that was left. I guess that drink clouded my judgement, and I drove that tractor between two oak trees that were approximately 42" apart. The tractor fit, but a 48" FMC mowing deck WILL NOT fit through a 42" opening.
End result was broken rear axle housing where the lower tph lift arms pinned to it.

After that, I had to forgive wife for accidently backing that same tractor too close to the edge of a VERY STEEP embankment for a large drainage gully. When she pushed in the clutch without stepping on the brakes, the tractor came to rest in an almost vertical position, with the tph mower stuck in the mud of the gully bottom. Thank goodness, only damage was brown smelly stain on tractor seat and wife's pants.

/ Growing Pains.. #15  
I've a couple digs into one of the dual doors to the basement of my carriage house.

Also clipped the trim around the garage door in the main parking area with the FEL.

No major damage. Filled in where appropriate with some caulk.

There are 2 or 3 trees that I've clipped with the FEL.

Drug my brush hog over the threshold of the dual doors, too. The threshold also is a little dented from driving over it, too. Still seals okay.

Ralph

/ Growing Pains.. #16  
I don't suppose that knocking the post off of the front porch or running over the water hydrant with the finish mower would qualify -would it?

/ Growing Pains.. #17  
Jrrcorp said:
. Isn't there a statute of limitations on our screw ups?

Seems to me there is none on ours, but there is on theirs??:confused:

/ Growing Pains.. #18  
BTDT said:
Do you think it was due to being a rental that this happened (not familiar with machine, brakes didn't work, etc)? Or just operator error. Just curious.

Let's call it operator error! I think I just wasn't paying attention. My old mare died and I was trying to get behind her with the TLB to push her into the hole. I was paying attention to where the horse was, but not the barn I guess. I was pretty frazzled on the whole due to the reason why I had to rent a backhoe.

/ Growing Pains.. #19  
I haven't taken pictures of any of my AW ****s...I dented one of the poles holding up my awning off the shop last week with the BB then fixed it with the FEL and hammer and have only put one little 2" gash in the shop with the FEL...All this in the last three weeks:(

/ Growing Pains.. #20  
Boxblade (1) v Mailbox (Nil).
Backhoe stabilizer legs (1) v Corner of shed (nil).
Backhoe (1) v Water pipe (Nil)