Growing Pains..

/ Growing Pains.. #1  

Hosskix

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 790
Anybody have any pics of “growing pains”:eek: they’d like to share?
This is my feed shed after getting a little close with the tractor’s FEL.
It’s hard to watch the box blade and the loader at the same time!:cool:

/ Growing Pains.. #2  
That's now a pass through for air hoses. Nice work! :D

I've made a couple myself with the teeth on my small rock bucket.:rolleyes:

/ Growing Pains.. #3  
Oh, I have a couple of dings in the house. The wife is still not used to the big "thud" when I give it a bump :D. The ones that would look good in pictures are the various water lines I've busted with the backhoe (fixed and buried but not forgotten), although the most damaging was when I hit the power line for the well with a rented ride on trencher :p...

/ Growing Pains.. #4  
The key word there being pain,my son chipped a small piece off of the deck railing,that was painless.I handed him a Jack plain and now you can hardly notice. I pealed the bark off a nice walnut tree in the yard, that hurt a little but I got over it.Here is a picture of the one that still hurts,I'd like to fix it this winter so the pain goes away.

Last edited:
   / Growing Pains.. #5  
Morning Hosskix.
No dings on builds or vehicles as of yet,but the mailbox sure takes a beating when its time to plow snow. :(

/ Growing Pains..
OK Oscer, do tell...
How did you break a rifle stock with a tractor??

Incidentally, a buddy of mine broke the stock on my brother's .22 in the same place once...trying to hit a rabbit with it after he'd ran out of bullets.
Have you been rabbit hunting?

/ Growing Pains.. #7  
Well,can I blame this on my daughter? Yea,I guess I can cause she was driving the tractor. We had just hung up a big doe in the shed using the fel and after I tied it off I told her to back on outta there,well she was watching behind her and turned too quickly,catching my rifle ,which was sitting in the corner of the shed, with the corner of the blade. that scar on the stock is about .090" deep at the deepest point.
I'm planning on stripping off the finish and cutting the gouge kinda like a small dovetail,then filling it in with microbed and refinishing it. I don't know what it's gonna look like but it can't look any worse than it does now.

/ Growing Pains.. #8  
I backed into my pole barn with a TLB I had rented. 2 holes in the sheet metal of the door from the backhoe bucket.

/ Growing Pains.. #9  
roxynoodle said:
I backed into my pole barn with a TLB I had rented. 2 holes in the sheet metal of the door from the backhoe bucket.
Do you think it was due to being a rental that this happened (not familiar with machine, brakes didn't work, etc)? Or just operator error. Just curious.

/ Growing Pains.. #10  
I was mowing close to my mothers house a couple years back with my tractor and 3 point mower and ripped the sattellite dish off the side of her mobile home.
Daryle