Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,001  
Putting the 20% coupons on top of a sale price is definetly the way to go. I got the top part of the big red roll around tool box that they sale for 240.00. I would have gotten the bottom, but they were out of stock. If im not mistaken the bottom part can be had for 320.00 when on sale and 20% coupon is used. In imo thats a pretty good deal. The tool box is of pretty good qualilty. I think the name brand on the box is Waterloo.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,002  
what is anyone's experience with joining their "Inside Track" program
I considered it. I finally decided no.

Their super discounts are offered only on specific items that they selected.

I already have way too much stuff that I (or worse, Dad with his yard sale expeditions) bought home only because the price was too good to pass up!

Using a 20% coupon on top of a low advertised special price, seems the best way to go. Plus of course the mailorder coupon specials IF you really need the items they are discounting.

I think ITC only makes sense for a contractor who furnishes tools to his crew, and similar volume buyers.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,003  
I considered it. I finally decided no.

Their super discounts are offered only on specific items that they selected.

I already have way too much stuff that I (or worse, Dad with his yard sale expeditions) bought home only because the price was too good to pass up!

Using a 20% coupon on top of a low advertised special price, seems the best way to go. Plus of course the mailorder coupon specials IF you really need the items they are discounting.

I think ITC only makes sense for a contractor who furnishes tools to his crew, and similar volume buyers.

Okay Cali, I still ain't gonna be happy until you get a couple of those hammers that are on sale. I'm tellin' ya, you're missing the boat! ;)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,004  
Hey of course I have a couple of the yellow hammers! Curved claw, and rip. Alongside my 40 year old Stiletto (now Vaughn?) framing hammers left over from when I was poor and framing was what I was doing to bootstrap my first run at accumulating some money. Even when I was dirt-poor I had enough sense to buy quality in a tool I was going to use day after day.

I agree, these yellow ones have nice balance. I use them all the time. I still trust my Stilettos more, though, when it comes to jumping on the handle to pull a reluctant spike.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,005  
Does anyone else notice they put the same items on sale over and over?
One of the clerks at the local store jokes every time I come in, saying "see ya tomorrow!" when I leave. For awhile there I was in several times a week..finally ran out of stuff to buy I wanted so I don't go as often anymore;)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,006  
Today I noticed that when I went back to get the $99 price on the HD O/A torch set. They also got me for $20 for two years coverage for user error on the set. can see a gauge getting whacked and broken perhaps.:D

Has anyone tested their return it for a new one for any reason within two years policy if you pay for the insurance?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,007  
Has anyone tested their return it for a new one for any reason within two years policy if you pay for the insurance?
Not me, but I've been in the store when another customer brought in something he abused to death. The exchange was no-hassle.

HF is surprisingly good on warranties so long as your claim is legitimate based on the written terms.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,008  
I've even brought back stuff that I've had for a few years. One of those things where you buy it and intend to use it, and finally get around to using it a few years later.

No receipt, even, and no hassle on the exchange. It was obviously new looking, just non-functional.

There was one time I came in there, no receipt, and they wouldn't exchange. I promptly pulled out my credit card, paid for the new item, turned around and said "I just bought this and it's broken, could I get my money back?" and handed them the item I brought it. The guy laughed and refunded my money...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,009  
I bought a giant srewdriver that is handy but not as a screwdriver. It's maybe three feet long a is a perfect lever, wedge and prybar. Works especially well putting heavy tractor or car tires back on. I just get the wheel almost lined up with the studs and then wedge screwdriver underneath tire .Lift slightly with the screwdriver until wheel pops back on. Works slick.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,010  
I've even brought back stuff that I've had for a few years. One of those things where you buy it and intend to use it, and finally get around to using it a few years later.

No receipt, even, and no hassle on the exchange. It was obviously new looking, just non-functional.

There was one time I came in there, no receipt, and they wouldn't exchange. I promptly pulled out my credit card, paid for the new item, turned around and said "I just bought this and it's broken, could I get my money back?" and handed them the item I brought it. The guy laughed and refunded my money...

Yeh, I do that all the time on stuff that has went on sale after I bought it and the store(not HF) wouldn't give the adjustment on paper because of their 2 week policy. I've had clerks say,"you'll actually do that?" Heck ya, I figure money is better in my pocket than theirs. At times my wages for doing this have been astounding.:thumbsup:Especially on bigger , more costly stuff.