Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,081  
Anyone own the auto-darkening welding helmet?

Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet w/ Blue Flame
Amateur here. I like mine. As Iplayfarmer said, this has done more to improve my technique than anything else. I recommend it.

That said, I wonder if others notice that it shades too much for a small welder. I can see the puddle fine with my stick welder but when using the 90A flux welder things are pretty dim, even with the knob turned to minimum. Next time I get it out I'll see if soot (from the flux) has coated the lenses.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,082  
X4... Stick welder. But yeah, mine is a bit too dark on light welds. But then again, I have not had my head in a $300 helmet so I have nothing to compare to.

I have had mine for an number of years and have yet to change the batteries. And it is not well maintained so big kudos so far.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,083  
How did the Tire changer work out? I've been considering one but thought it might be too cheasey. Did you get the ATV tire atachment?

Dave

I have one- overall I have no problems with it. Its just the bead breaker attachment is a bit thin, but that is easy to fix with scrap metal. The part that holds the tires works good. it really locks down the tire so you can take tire off. I use it at least once a year and it was already worth the money. I havent trieed the ATV attachment so sorry no review.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,084  
I bought this LED work light a while ago, but gave it a test today when I was fixing my dishwasher. This thing lit up the underside of the appliance like daylight. The magnet on the back is quite strong and the square shape allows you to position it better than a flashlight, which usually rolls out of place. It goes on sale for $3 occasionally.

27 LED Portable Worklight/Flashlight

Those things are amazing! I've bought 10 so far and waiting for more to come in..I plan to leave one in each vehicle and give some away, very impressive for the money.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,085  
Those things are amazing! I've bought 10 so far and waiting for more to come in..I plan to leave one in each vehicle and give some away, very impressive for the money.

I had a cheep 10 led one, and after a few months, the batterys leaked, and made the thing useless, kind of annoying.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,086  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,087  
I have the welding cart, it works great. I actually have the a mig on it (that I use flux core) and then have a my tombstone welder on the spot where your bottle goes. It works really great, to have both my machines ready to go.
Dave

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,088  
Ok here is my great find at Harbor Freight. I know it's a little cheap thing but the struggle it saved me and the aggrivation I think it deserves a thumbs up. The 8" Radiator Hose Pick made what used to be a labor of dread into a piece of cake. Seems silly but the thing really did help me out.
8" Radiator Hose Pick

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,089  
Ok here is my great find at Harbor Freight. I know it's a little cheap thing but the struggle it saved me and the aggrivation I think it deserves a thumbs up. The 8" Radiator Hose Pick made what used to be a labor of dread into a piece of cake. Seems silly but the thing really did help me out.
8" Radiator Hose Pick

Okay 1401rider, you sparked my curiosity. What did you do with it?:confused3:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,090  
I just used the thing for what it's made for. Last time I changed radiator and heater hoses things didn't go as easy as I thought it would. This broke the tight seal and they slipped right off. For a few bucks the thing came in handy.