Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,101  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,102  
I would just clip the sprayer's clips on to the powerpack's battery clamps, and insulate one side securely by wrapping it with a scrap of tarp or something.

How much amperage does the sprayer draw? If it will use up say 1/3 of the battery's AH capacity each session where you use it, then I would add some wires to your tractor's 12v system so it trickle-charges continually while it is in use spraying.

I bought their larger size powerpack that they sold for a while. It works great as portable power for several projects. See winch photo below.

I also bought a small inverter that plugs into its cigarette lighter plug. This can power my DSL modem and wifi hub, and allow recharging my laptop, if the power is down but phone service still works. (Which is what usually happens).

180787d1285980707-harbor-freight-tools-dont-suck-p1620619rwinch-trailertilted.jpg

California, I was thinking about what you suggested ..just attaching the sprayer clips to the battery's jumpers but look what Travelover posted...this is what concerns me....>" If you deep cycle this jumper pack, the battery won't last long. " So what I am thinking is the juice coming from the power packs jumpers is different than that from the cigarette lighter....but what do I know...I really know nothing about electric. stuff...see what I mean ?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,103  
what I am thinking is the juice coming from the power packs jumpers is different than that from the cigarette lighter....but what do I know.
I'm pretty sure they are the same. There isn't any reason to separate them except the cigarette lighter might be protected by a fuse. (Which doesn't make any difference). I opened up mine when I bought it and the circuit looked simple, aside from its 110v recharge part.

You can download the manual from the website product description page, and there might be a circuit diagram in it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,104  
California, I was thinking about what you suggested ..just attaching the sprayer clips to the battery's jumpers but look what Travelover posted...this is what concerns me....>" If you deep cycle this jumper pack, the battery won't last long. " So what I am thinking is the juice coming from the power packs jumpers is different than that from the cigarette lighter....but what do I know...I really know nothing about electric. stuff...see what I mean ?

I'm pretty sure that the lighter socket is wired to the jumper cables, but protected by a fuse. I didn't mean to freak you out about deep cycling the battery - just a warning that most lead acid batteries don't like it when they are fully discharged, then recharged multiple times.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,105  
Where you pull the power from isn't going to help or hurt the battery. It's how long and how much you draw. The only difference between the lighter socket and the jumper cables is that you'll be able to draw a lot more current from the jumper cables in a short amount of time (i.e. jump starting a car). The lighter socket will work well if you have a small draw over a longer period of time.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,106  
Here are some current coupons for the 27 LED Flash, the Hose hook/pick set, and the welding mask/helmet from HF's email sale page for anyone who is interested...

To the smart-axxes sure to comment-

No I don't work for HF, I just get their sale emails and wanted to help out anyone who wants a discount.

Thomas

Attachments

• 27 LED Portable Work-flashlight.jpeg
    27 LED Portable Work-flashlight.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 624
  • Pick and hook set.jpeg
    Pick and hook set.jpeg
    20.7 KB · Views: 233
  • Auto-darkening Welding helmet.jpeg
    Auto-darkening Welding helmet.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 742
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,107  
Without the barcode the coupons are no good, unless you are on real good terms with the manager, but thanks for the try;)

I rarely buy anything from HF without a coupon and never a big purchase without one of the 20% off ones.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,108  
Yes here is the same helmit
Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet w/ Blue Flame

I think that coupon is from the paper circular . And like me here Id have to go to my "local"" store with it.
Mind you my local store is 1 and 1/2 hour one way .(going speed limit).
No idea why they el;imimnate alot of their mail order people like me in this manor Ive been a mail customer for years, Now the only flyers I get are the paper ones .So unless its a HUGE purchase its sure not worth it to do the drive...
Marketing .. gotta love it..
Speaking of marketing. look at this
http://www.harborfreight.com/12-vol...dium=email&utm_campaign=4211a&utm_source=1002
Now I bought the 'regular' bulbed one for 12 domethign dollars. Here they have the LED for 17 some dollars and the 'regular' bulbed ones are 24 some dollars lol

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,109  
27 LED Portable Worklight/Flashlight

Above is the link to the 27 LED worklight-flashlight but it has a $3.99 "sale" price. With 20% off it's OK but with the good comments I'd like to get a couple. Sometimes you need just a little extra light and this looks like a good idea. Thanks for posting it.
Anyone got the coupon with the bar code?

PS here---I don't think 27 is the right number of LED lights. For chuckles I counted them and 27 doesn't look correct. Only the right thing from HF

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,110