Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,191  
I got these Craftsman alignment pry bars a long time ago. I use them for lining up holes all the time. Never seen another pry bar with this kind of rolling wedge end. It gives a lot of leverage.

Attachments

• bars.jpg
    bars.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 280
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,192  
I got these Craftsman alignment pry bars a long time ago. I use them for lining up holes all the time. Never seen another pry bar with this kind of rolling wedge end. It gives a lot of leverage.
It's called a lady's foot.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,193  
I've found a couple things at TSC that no one else seems to carry. One of them being a driver handle that will accept a 1/4" socket so you can use it like a nut driver.
I'm lucky, there's a used tool store where I can barter something I'll never use again for things like that socket driver or a 36 inch socket extension.

HF's $15 socket kits include that handle: 1/4" pro set or 51 pc DIY-grade kit This second set is often on sale under $10, I think I paid $7.99. I leave that cheap set out in my open barn stall where I can reach it in an instant without unlocking my better tools. That handle with a socket is especially handy for hose clamps.

The ratchets in the cheap kit are near worthlesss. I exchanged broken ones several times then gave up and substituted a ratchet from an old Taiwan kit into the HF kit. Last time I stripped the kit's 1/2" ratchet I was down on my hands and knees under the tractor PUSHING the ratchet handle, that couldn't have been very many ft/lbs of force.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,195  
I have the 4 piece set and abuse it often. I have hammered on the handle with no issues but continuous abuse would probably break it. For the price I paid with a coupon I will continue to beat on them. I'll weld my own handle on if needed. :D

Of course, you could always just use the 4# dead-blow hammer to both get the job done, and save the molded plastic handle...
or this one:
http://www.hfqpdb.com/best_coupon/3+LB.+NEON+DEAD+BLOW+HAMMER

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,197  

I have a really old set from HF, and actually snapped one of them off- the HF pot-metal days...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,199  
I found at Tractor Supply, a large crescent wrench that has one of those built-in as the handle, they call it a spud wrench. It works great to get implements lined up as well as to tighten up nuts and bolts, they now sell one like that, but it also has a spot on it to hammer with.

Barn Star 17 in. Adjustable Spud Wrench with Hammerhead at Tractor Supply Co.

Aaron Z
View attachment 558872

I just picked up one of these a few weeks ago that came in handy remounting the bush hog 3PH by myself. It held one side in place while I got the main bolt installed on the other side

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,200  
The daughter got the HF 40 volt line trimmer set up yesterday for the wife. It is on the light side but after she stuck with it for 5 hours of use I am guessing it is a keeper. The leaf blower and chain saw batteries were ready to go when they got it out of the box. She hit something and cut the line off at the head after it was late and I was tired being under the 'new' F150 tow vehicle addressing some surface rust. I looked at it instead of flipping her off. There are two places to depress to get to the line spool and in 45 seconds I had her going again by feeding the line back through the gourmet. I love their high power leaf blower for cleaning off the bush hogs and mowers. Do not have the chains on either of the saws yet.

I had had my eye on a 2010 F150 that was high mileage and less then mint per the cargurus photos that was near HF store so when I went to the four Lynxx 40 volt power tools I looked at the truck that I was not excited to drive 50 miles one way to see and bought it on Monday because they were out of the pole saws on the Saturday. The test drive was cut short due to a grabbing Limited Slip differential on that Saturday. The power tools other than the leaf blowers stayed in the box because I got the truck home at dark on Monday. I am getting pumped that it is the heavy duty rated F150 rated to tow 11,200 pounds total and has the electronic sway controller and brake controller built in. Curb weight seems to be 8200 pounds.

Maybe some day I can get a new tread started on 40 volt HF power tools and old F150 pick ups. :)