Page 98 of 421 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100101108148198 ... LastLast

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Quote Originally Posted by 1-3-2-4 View Post
    I wished I saw those security bits before i brought 10 from ebay for like $8
    Yeah, egay is about done. Those people charge just as much if not more than an online store. Plus egay only gives you "Caveat emptor" which means, I think, Buyer beware.
    Gravybones
    Gentleman's Farming.
    Watch My Tractor

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    Dargo, I'd pay for your Harbor Freight tools just to watch you use them.
    Best reply I've seen on here ever!!!!!

Sorry, Dargo. I just couldn't help it.

Tractor
    Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Best reply I've seen on here ever!!!!!

Sorry, Dargo. I just couldn't help it.
    But, hey, you didn't see me claim that the quality of that particular HF item was sub par now, did ya? LOL

I wanna be the official TBN HF tool guy! I mean, seriously, who here has donated more blood testing their tools than I?
    1982 18" Murray push mower (B&S industrial 8 hp engine!) custom deck, new blade - became unbalanced when one side old blade broke off!
    HF moving dolly - high torque! Dogbone multi-wrench too..wait, it split on first use.
    My trash man is the greatest. No matter how bad the economy gets and how bad stocks drop or how bad home values drop, his business is always picking up.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by gravybones View Post
    Yeah, egay is about done. Those people charge just as much if not more than an online store. Plus egay only gives you "Caveat emptor" which means, I think, Buyer beware.

Yeah I forgot what I was looking at not too long ago and I was like hmmm HF has it for much less plus not S&H price!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    265 MF / JD 310B Backhoe

Yeah I forgot what I was looking at not too long ago and I was like hmmm HF has it for much less plus not S&H price!
    I was noticing that too. I was glad we picked up the larger HF wrench set (the 6 that go up to 2") last week since we used several this week working on the bushhog. They were on sale for $40. I know one can take 244 pounds jumping on it to tighen a nut.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gale Hawkins View Post
    I was noticing that too. I was glad we picked up the larger HF wrench set (the 6 that go up to 2") last week since we used several this week working on the bushhog. They were on sale for $40. I know one can take 244 pounds jumping on it to tighen a nut.

long before my HF days i brought a cheap box wrench and tried that... It was from Autozone.. Wrench broke in half and I'm not a heavy guy.. only 130Lb

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gale Hawkins View Post
    seems most of the big wrenches/sockets from HF are decent. my dad has a 3/4" drive ratchet/socket set, and it's big and heavy. seems like it would take a bit for any of it to break.

Gold Member

there is a local auction here held weekly, and there is a ton of orange HF tools there all the time. some is new, some lightly used...but often they go for more than you could go to HF and buy one! and that's BEFORE buyer's premium.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    265 MF / JD 310B Backhoe

long before my HF days i brought a cheap box wrench and tried that... It was from Autozone.. Wrench broke in half and I'm not a heavy guy.. only 130Lb

Thanks for the warning but already I only visit Autozone if the other options are a no go.

The funny part is I do not know/remember why.

Tractor
    Power Trac 1850, NH 2120

The headband LED lights work well. Definitely will not take a smash to the head though lol.

Ken
    PT1850, mini hoe, grapple, stump grinder, brush hog

http://www.usadiscountgenerators.com...T1850Home.html

Page 98 of 421 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100101108148198 ... LastLast