What have you broke being stupid?

/ What have you broke being stupid? #21  
I did this today .... raised the 3 point to find the toplink bracket in the window ,......

ouch i can't imagine that will be a cheap fix.

/ What have you broke being stupid? #22  
We have been doing some demolition work with our FEL and Backhoe. We are almost done and the repairs have been too numerous to mention.

With that said, today, I backed into my 2007 Nissan Titan with one of the feet one the BH. Put a nice cut and hole in my truck's fron bumper.

/ What have you broke being stupid? #23  
I went to do a favor for a friend. When I retured home the garage door opened as if by magic. I had run over the door opener that I had dropped before leaving for the job.

/ What have you broke being stupid? #24  
I was trying to lift a swamp cooler in the FEL to put it on the back deck. Was in a hurry so I didn't tie it down, because it looks stable near the ground, however when it was fully up in the air I hit a small bump with the tractor and next thing I knew it was dropping right down on the the tractor on me.

I leap out of the way and only took a glancing blow on the arm, but it landed directly on the steering wheel and seat.

didn't really break anything, just dented up the swamp cooler, but I did feel stupid for days.

/ What have you broke being stupid? #25  
Like all the other old hands my mistakes are to numerous to list here :D

But if you ever do demo work and your pushing old barbed wire fence with a D-8 bring your wire cutters and gloves if your in a hurry and not paying attention

A can of worms doesn't begin to describe it :eek:

/ What have you broke being stupid? #26  
Well let me think.... backed up and swung the FEL's tooth bar around and hit the house, bent one of the lower 3pt arm adjusters by snagging the RC on a stump, nearly flipped the tractor backwards by hooking the ROPS on a branch, etc etc. None of that was any where near the trouble I got in when I plowed a whole row of the wifes pumpkin patch under while playing around with my newly aquired plow. :p

/ What have you broke being stupid? #27  
I bought a new Kubota M5040 last year. My first tractor. While clearing brush, I learned R1 tires tend to pick up every cut tree branch. I put one thru the grill... Later after hammering out the grill, I was driving the tractor and the hood flies up causing it to crease the back side of hood. The latch had gotten out of alignment due to the smashed grill. My new tractor sheet metal all bent up.....

Last weekend while using a White tractor I had acquired I broke the bale spear. It came with a 3 pt bale spear that mounted to a couple brackets on the front bucket. After moving a bale and setting it down I started moving forward in the tractor I ment to roll the bucket up, but the loader runs off the rear service remotes and the hoses had been plugged in opposite, meaning when I pulled back on the lever the bucket rolled down and I caught the tip of the spear driving it into the ground bending the heck out of the 3 point bale spear assembly.... I was lazy and didn't want to get hydraulic oil on my hands. I knew the control was backward but out of habbit I pulled back on it instead of pushing it forward. Just a dumb moment.

/ What have you broke being stupid? #28  
I didn't wreck anything but sure was a DUH moment. I was rolling a backhoe bracket out of the bucket. In place of setting the parking brake ( which takes far too long ) I put pressure on the bucket to hold the tractor in place. I finished getting the bracket upright and in place returning to the tractor. I thought if I open the bucket quick change pins now I could drop the bucket and save a step. The right side went fine. When I released the left pin on the quick release the loader arm dropped down pinning my shoe to the ground ( which was placed nicely directly under the loader arm ) As it dropped I quickly noticed my foot could not move and the edge of the arm gouged my lower ankle. The pain was a reminder also. Here I sit trapped under the loader frame, no one home or close by with the tractor running unable to reach the hydraulic control. Twisting my foot met with great pain as the steel toe was even bent down. I finally after fifteen minutes of "quick " thinking located a short stick and began digging in the granite road surface. Finally getting through what seemed to be rock like surface my foot was removed. The rest of the day was spent on the couch with my foot looking like it was four sizes too large. Various colors appeared Being of the purple, red, black variety and needless to say I had to admit my stupidy.
I have since slowed down a bit and look at things a little longer.. especially when they could add to more misery. I didn't go to the doctors office. I felt I needed the reminder of how fast things can go wrong when your mind travels at wharp speed with no regard for safety.

/ What have you broke being stupid? #29  
Drove accross the wash at a 45* angle - stuck!

Drove under a tree with a low branch, hey the previous owner said he cut the whole yard with it, caught the ROPS on the branch and nearly flipped :confused:

Let our son drive the C-16........ and he parked it in the garage, without opening the door!

Took all the wheel nuts off of a 5-spoke wheel, THEN got a hammer! OUCH!

Hopped in a bus to move it outside so I could get another out that was in the front of the stall. Unfortunately, the previous mechanic forgot the BRAKE PADS! One fence and a car were the only serious damages.

Don't air up a tire without a tire cage, no matter what the "boss" tells you. that was a VERY expensive new tire cage we bought :)

/ What have you broke being stupid? #30  
Thought i was raising my dump trailer in the dark. Was sounding like the battery was dead.Was pushing lowering button. Had metal brace holding bed up. Took $1,500.00 at frame shop to fix both sides of frame two inch bow.