Air tool storage ideas?

/ Air tool storage ideas? #11  
a baggie of dessicant

Awhile back, I bought a bag of 50 of them. They came in a sealed plastic bag inside what looks like a one gallon paint can. So I put some in my rollaway tool box drawers, in my gun cases, in the fire safe, etc.

/ Air tool storage ideas? #12  
ditto that. I thow some in my gun safes as well.

soundguy

/ Air tool storage ideas? #13  
I mounted an old kitchen cabinet on the wall of my shop and use that for air tools.

/ Air tool storage ideas? #14  
it could I guess.. but in my shop I also do wood working and some metal working so I'm more concerned about metal chips or wood dust that settles around.

I try to oil my air tools regularly and just hope the moisture don't get them. but you do bring up a good point.
past of throwing a baggie of dessicant or cat litter in there.. i'm not sure what you could do about it.

soundguy

A paper towel in your plastic bag will absorb moisture, not as effective as desicant but better than nothing.....

/ Air tool storage ideas? #17  
Hi folks, I did a quick search and didn't find much. I'm curious if any of you have good ideas for air tool storage with easy access. My tools are a bit bulky but I'd like to have a better setup. I was thinking maybe something on drawer slides so they are out of the way and kept somewhat clean. Maybe a special drawer. Another thought was a shelf with holes to stick the air nipple into. Tools I'm talking about are ratchet, impact gun, chisel, cutter, 3" cutoff and misc small pieces. My nailers are boxed which I like that way. Thanks for you thoughts and pics are always good :)

Here is someones idea and I liked it enough that I stole the picture for later use.... No need for 2 hands either.

Attachments

• tool1.jpg
    tool1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 4,223
  • tool2.jpg
    tool2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 2,134
   / Air tool storage ideas? #18  
I did the air tool storage project from Miller, it's great and was very easy, it was my first welding project:thumbsup:

/ Air tool storage ideas? #19  

did you read the thread?????

to keep contaminates OUT of the open air chuck end of my air tools.. things like sawdust, metal particles.. and darn dirt dauber wasps that florida is eat up with because of all the darn spiders..

soundguy