Air tool storage ideas?

/ Air tool storage ideas? #21  
eh? not wanting dust inside of an air tool? ooookkkay.. whatever you say. I don't have the money to replace air tools every week cuz they get filled up with sawdust and metal chips from leaving them unprotected.. I guess if you have limitless money you can just use them and toss them.. not me.

I clean and wipe my tools down after use. I don't like re buying tools that get damaged from neglect...

soundguy

/ Air tool storage ideas? #22  
In one of the big drawers of my craftsman rollaway

/ Air tool storage ideas? #23  
eh? not wanting dust inside of an air tool? ooookkkay.. whatever you say.

I don't know, still have some of my original air tools that are probably close to thirty years old. Stored and used in not the best of conditions and can't remember of ever having one fail from those practices.

/ Air tool storage ideas? #24  
I don't know, still have some of my original air tools that are probably close to thirty years old. Stored and used in not the best of conditions and can't remember of ever having one fail from those practices.

I specifically stated I have ALOT of wood dust and metal particulate in my work area in my SMALL shop.. and that's why I, PERSONALLY bag my air tools which includes my paint guns.

I'm sorry that bothers or offends you. I won't bring it up again...???

soundguy

/ Air tool storage ideas? #26  
you asked me why, and then when I said why I did it.. then you told me why YOU didn't. I'd say we have apparrently quite different shop environments .. thus different needs...

soundguy

/ Air tool storage ideas? #27  
I have a drawer in my toolbox for most air tools. The larger ones have their own drawer. I do squirt a small amount of WD40 in the air chuck prior to use and so far no problems.
-soundguy- I understand what you're saying and can agree with your method. Probably most of us don't have the conditions you experience in your shop. I do a lot of metal fabrication and the fine particles all over the place.

/ Air tool storage ideas? #28  
yep.. I keep all my tools in cases or in a tool box.. nothing uncovered or it will get a coating of sawdust.. and that attracks water.. which causes rust...

soundguy

/ Air tool storage ideas? #29  
did you read the thread?????

to keep contaminates OUT of the open air chuck end of my air tools.. things like sawdust, metal particles.. and darn dirt dauber wasps that florida is eat up with because of all the darn spiders..

soundguy

Like you, I've had problems with dust & dirt daubers and happened upon these caps a while back at HF.
5 Piece Pneumatic Tool Caps

They've been a BIG help. :thumbsup:

/ Air tool storage ideas?
Like you, I've had problems with dust & dirt daubers and happened upon these caps a while back at HF.
5 Piece Pneumatic Tool Caps

They've been a BIG help. :thumbsup:

Good find, I'm going to have to look for those next I go to HF. My air nailers are the only tools that came with them.