ford jubilee..changed hydraulic fluid and now nothing works!!

/ ford jubilee..changed hydraulic fluid and now nothing works!!
Ordered the manual from Amazon this a/m but it won't show for a week or thereabouts.

I pulled the plug at front, and pulled coil wire and cranked it over.....Nary a drop or bubble...tried with that diverter knob both in and out.

Put the plug back in and fired it up to 1/2 throttle and then put the air to it. Tried with diverter knob both in and out....nothing ...nothing..kept the air to it until oil came out from the gear shift!!

So it seems I am back to square one. Unless someone has another idea i am guessing I am going to have to get this pump out and see if there is an obvious problem, or rebuild it or replace it. Any suggestions / words of advice??

Thanks Boyd

/ ford jubilee..changed hydraulic fluid and now nothing works!! #22  
Ordered the manual from Amazon this a/m but it won't show for a week or thereabouts.

I pulled the plug at front, and pulled coil wire and cranked it over.....Nary a drop or bubble...tried with that diverter knob both in and out.

Put the plug back in and fired it up to 1/2 throttle and then put the air to it. Tried with diverter knob both in and out....nothing ...nothing..kept the air to it until oil came out from the gear shift!!

So it seems I am back to square one. Unless someone has another idea i am guessing I am going to have to get this pump out and see if there is an obvious problem, or rebuild it or replace it. Any suggestions / words of advice??

Thanks Boyd

At this point I'd pull the manifold and clean the pipes in the trans and see if decades of crud are blocking it

WE ARE A SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally put perhaps 3 more quarts in the hydraulic cavity, reasoning I would have had to add fluid anywat as all cylinders were depressed. I pulled that plug out and started it....Nothing...was working on the plow (removing it!!) and pin flew under tractor, looked under and how happy was I to see my expensive 134 fluid pissing onto the floor!! Shut it down and plugged it and other than some air in lines all is swell!

One last question...Somewhere in these forums I read this system will self purge the air...with use...with time. Is that correct?

Thanks everyone for thoughts and advice. Much appreciated

/ ford jubilee..changed hydraulic fluid and now nothing works!! #24  
yes they will self purge.. however I think I see an issue.

you SHOULD NOT see oil at the gear shift by pressurizing the hyds sump.

sometimes the suction or the pressure line perforates inside the base of the tranny and causes ALL SORTS of problems.

one of the problems is sucking the hyds dry and overfilling the trans.. othere is sucking the trans dry and overfilling the hyds..

also.. on these units.. if there is water inthe sump.. it can freeze and block the suction line in the sump.

post back.. see if it continues to operate.. or if one sump goes dry and the other overfills...

Well...I did keep the air to it for a fair bit before that happened...

And past to present I have been quite stupid about fluid levels..other than engine oil. I really should have got a service manual. I will be smarter in future.

And, if you want a real laugh.... I just realized today that I was looking at the hydraulic pump mounted to right rear of engine and thought it was a starter motor.I realized my mistake when I finally broke down and called a quite knowligible tractor guy I know ( he is quite sick and I hate to bother him) he was good , said he doubted the pump was bad and suggested I pull that plug and drive aroundand around ..up and downhill and round and round...thats why I was taking that plow of when I noticed the `leakf..At any rate...during our conversation he informed me where the Pump was!!!! all this time I assumed it was in the bowels of the hydraulic cavity.

And again...at aany rate...armed with this new info I went to other side and with speed of light located the ACTUAL starter motor....there is nothing obscuring the side of the motor or tranny...and there are no numbers!!What might this mean?`

So, once again to pick your brain...What model and what year do you reckon I have???? You mention both a651 and a 661 and you mention a dual clutch which despite being a bit of a car guy, I do not know what a dual clutch is or how it operates or what its benefits.

At any rate....I am a happy camper. It will be interesting to see how quick the hydraulics react in the a/m after a long cold night.

And, during the quest to right this problem I have located quite inexpensive steering wheels, which this one rather needs,amoung its many other shortcomings / tailments. Thanks again

Boyd

/ ford jubilee..changed hydraulic fluid and now nothing works!! #26  
i explained exactly how to tell if it is a single or dual clutch already.

on the bellhousing aft of the starter motor is where the numbers are.. stamped on a flat.

so.. if you dind't know that was the pump.. just what plug were you taking out?

this will be much easier once you have a manual. so far since you know -0- about the tracotr.. it's difficult to tell you how to troubleshoot it since you don;t know what / where anything is.. :)

Thank you . I am very happy to have the old girl going.
Yes you did tell me how to tell if it was a dual clutch....I ask only because you felt it was important for me to know which it was , and I have no idea why you wanted me to know , or why it was important , to know.
I thought I made it pretty clear about how stupid I am about this tractor and its mechanics. You did not tell me where the pump was located. Pumps do push better than they pull. I just assumed it was in the bowels of the hydraulic cavity area I was wrong but I didn't have a manual or anyone pointing me in the right direction. I sent 5? photo's....3 were basically what I thought we were calling the PUMP! It does have an Allen keyed pipe plug AT THE FRONT and do you know what???long and short that did work. I saw your name lots when I looked elsewhere for answers. I am confident you know 99.9% more than most tractor people with these tractors and people in need are grateful because you share that knowledge . And I really did appreciate your input. Very soon thanks to you I will have a manual and perhaps I will then both take better care of it and figure out occasional problems.

I would still be interested in your opinion in what I have...651 661 or?? and what the differences are, and why is dual clutch / single clutch important?? Though I will grant, it will be important some day if clutch goes.

Again...thanks...it is really reassuring to know there are knowlegible folks out there willing to offer advice to us less knowlegible / really stupid..folk

Smiling as the snow falls...Boyd

/ ford jubilee..changed hydraulic fluid and now nothing works!! #28  
I'f you are going to get sarcastic, I'll just leave the thread now and stick your name on my ignore list. i hear there is infinite space on those lists.

I'm trying to help you. doing so is difficult.

Yo did not id the pics you postd as the pump. and I did describe the pump earlier, and mention it's plumbing styles.I also i'd the valve style you had, and called it a valve, not a pump. it was also discussed, by mor ethan 1 person, that the hyd pump will have plumbing to it. and it should be understood that the starter motor would have a POWER cable going to it, via the starter solenoid. that's not a real stretch to loacate and floow from the battery...

knowing what type of clutch you have can be important to it's use.

if you have a dual clutch, you can use a half pressed level to clutch drivetrain and keep pto going. half pressing a single clutch will just wear the dern thing out...

now.. you ready to keep going or not keep going with this discussion? I'll leave the ball in your court.

Soundguy!!!

I was NOT being sarcastic!! Looking everywhere while in need I saw you offering advice lots.
As far as the pump goes, it is certainly in the right place and a similar size. I only took a glance and just assumed that it was a starter. Believe me I do know my way around motorized vehicles but who would believe me having made such a STUPID mistake. And I bet lots of folks would never admit that mistake. I thought admitting it would not only vividly demonstrate my ignorance, but bring a smile to to other readers faces....at MY expence.

This site and folks such as yourself is a real asset to other tractor owners.
I am not tractor crazy as it would seem you are ( no slight intended) I got my problem fixed. I am happy., and haven't been back to this site since. But I will be back when I need more help / advice.

Another tractor friend did explain the two stage clutch. I still haven't checked.

Also....strangely....now knowing where the starter is I checked for #s in the vicinity and found none???

A genuine thanks to all who offered advice, and more so to Soundguy

/ ford jubilee..changed hydraulic fluid and now nothing works!! #30  
post back when ya got more questions .. or if you need some help.