Removing Nuts!!!!

/ Removing Nuts!!!! #41  
I got the nut off mine in this method, now, how do I pull the plate?

/ Removing Nuts!!!! #42  
Thanks for the good info on taking off the rotary blade nuts.. now, if I don't have an impact wrench or a 3/4 socket set or a (large) torque wrench, whats it going to cost me to put the nuts back on, and be re-assured that its ontight enough? I do have a compressor for my nail gun.

And speaking of Woods rotary cutters, is it just the 48" size that has the access panel on top just a little bit too far off (toward the back end) to get at the nut straight down?

/ Removing Nuts!!!! #43  
I am in the same boat but did find a 3/4 inch impact at Grizzly.com for well under a hundred dollars. My concern is will my compressor supply that size impact.

/ Removing Nuts!!!! #44  
Keep in mind that a good heavy breaker bar and a pipe will do just as much or more than an air gun... just simple physics. You could buy a gun big enough to spin the nut righ off.. with the bolt attatched.. same can be down with the breaker bar and long pipe ...just leverage.

Figure out how tight it needs to be, and then figure out a set pressure you can apply, and then figre your pipe lenght... for instance.. we torque the axle nuts on our old 8ns to roughly 450ft#'s.. with a 4' bar and a grunt that almost lifts you off the ground.. for a medium sized guy.. etc.

Rough science.. but then torque wrenches in that scaler are a tad expen$ive.

Soundguy

/ Removing Nuts!!!! #45  
Can't believe this hasn't shown up yet................chim

Attachments

• 316415-Band.jpg
    316415-Band.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 171
   / Removing Nuts!!!! #46  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Can't believe this hasn't shown up yet................chim )</font>

Good one. You know.. I was going to make a 'urologist' comment.. but didn't have the bal..errr inclination to do it.

Soundguy