What's in your Oil Can?

/ What's in your Oil Can? #11  
I just use up whatever the last remnant from an oil change left me. Have been known to cut it with a little ATF before too. Seems like I go thru more to cool drill bits than anything else.

/ What's in your Oil Can? #12  
Tapmatic #1 Gold cutting fluid in the pump oil can that I can reach from the drill press and tap & die sets.
A tiny (8 oz) brush can of Fluid Film in the cup holder of the L series tractor.
I'll have to see if I can cut the Fluid Film with something to get it to flow easily from the pump oil can I keep near the tractors.

Fluid Film is liquid lanolin. You can cut it with isopropyl alcohol, but it needs to be 91% or more (99% is better). The problem is that you have to shake/mix it pretty much every time you use it. Most folks use a 6-to-1 ratio (roughly) alcohol to lanolin if they want it to work through a spray bottle. It's actually a commonly used case lubricant for folks reloading ammunition....so they mix it up and use it in a spray bottle to put a light coat on many cases at a time.

For your use, you could probably use less alcohol...just get it to the consistency you want.

/ What's in your Oil Can? #14  
I have leftover motor oil in one, air tool oil in the other.

/ What's in your Oil Can? #15  
What do you think of this oil can?

oil2.jpgoil.jpgoil1.jpg

Sweet hey :D

I usually just use clean motor oil

/ What's in your Oil Can? #16  
Fluid Film is liquid lanolin. You can cut it with isopropyl alcohol, but it needs to be 91% or more (99% is better). The problem is that you have to shake/mix it pretty much every time you use it. Most folks use a 6-to-1 ratio (roughly) alcohol to lanolin if they want it to work through a spray bottle. It's actually a commonly used case lubricant for folks reloading ammunition....so they mix it up and use it in a spray bottle to put a light coat on many cases at a time.

For your use, you could probably use less alcohol...just get it to the consistency you want.

Thanks, Gman - I'll give that a try.

What do you think of this oil can?

View attachment 421337View attachment 421338View attachment 421339

Sweet hey :D

I usually just use clean motor oil

Sweet!
They really don't make them like that anymore.

/ What's in your Oil Can? #18  
Mine is a mix of hyd and motor oil. Whatever is left in the bottles from changing the oil. I'm not fussy.

/ What's in your Oil Can? #19  
Drip oil. Whenever I empty an oil container, I let it drip into my drip oil collector, then use it to fill my oil cans. :thumbsup:

/ What's in your Oil Can? #20  
Got the normal assortment of spray cans plus a few pumpers, one has used engine oil mixed with a bit of diesel for penetration, another has non detergent engine oil for clean lubrication.
Up here Fluid Film comes in a spray can similar to WD40...Never seen the thick stuff.