Stuck in stream down to the frame. Now out. Now what?

/ Stuck in stream down to the frame. Now out. Now what? #1  

Jgriffith57

Tractor
IH Loboy 154, Kubota M5040 HTC
I have enjoyed my 4WD Kubota M5040. It goes places my other tractor could not go. When I get stuck, however, it can be painful. Ten days ago I got stuck in a wet spot I had just crossed three times. Down to the frame. Then it started raining every other day for the next week. Finally got it pulled out today with a larger tractor. Front end down to the frame was underwater the whole time it was stuck. Do I need to repack the front wheel bearings and change out lubrication in the front end differential?

/ Stuck in stream down to the frame. Now out. Now what? #2  
That's a bummer that you got stuck, glad you got it out. I'm not an expert on tractors but I think I would at least check the front differential to see if there was any water in it.

/ Stuck in stream down to the frame. Now out. Now what? #3  
No pictures?

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Stuck in stream down to the frame. Now out. Now what? #4  
At a minimum flush and refill anything below the water line...

/ Stuck in stream down to the frame. Now out. Now what?
Can't get pics to load. Imagine a tractor under water to the frame. That's what it looks like.

/ Stuck in stream down to the frame. Now out. Now what? #6  
Grease and change any oils under the water. I have a buddy that has a Mahindra 65hp 4wd stuck down to the frame right now. Not under water though. Waiting on the mud to dry a bit so he can get it out.

/ Stuck in stream down to the frame. Now out. Now what? #7  
   / Stuck in stream down to the frame. Now out. Now what?
Are the packed bearings waterproof? If not I can imagine all kinds of grit mixed in with the grease/oil. Is this any easy service for a trained mechanic? I don't have the tools/training/expertise to launch this project.

/ Stuck in stream down to the frame. Now out. Now what? #9  
Never been one to be a tractor mudder. As soon as I feel the front tires dropping, I back out and figure another way to get where I am going. Or wait for drier weather.

/ Stuck in stream down to the frame. Now out. Now what? #10  
Grease and change any oils under the water. I have a buddy that has a Mahindra 65hp 4wd stuck down to the frame right now. Not under water though. Waiting on the mud to dry a bit so he can get it out.

Don't think I would wait until the mud becomes cement to try to pull it out.