How do you replace the push pin assembly on a PTO SHAFT YOKE

/ How do you replace the push pin assembly on a PTO SHAFT YOKE #1  

devodad

Silver Member
Tractor
JOHN DEERE
It’s me again. I lost the push pin assembly that locks the pto shaft yoke to the tractor. I think that’s what it’s called, but it’s that little spring-loaded button you push to install and remove the pto shaft from the tractor. Went to TSC can’t figure out how those come apart to be replaced. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

/ How do you replace the push pin assembly on a PTO SHAFT YOKE #2  
You do get different ones and its not expensive. Photo of the other one can help to check if both side takes the same ?

/ How do you replace the push pin assembly on a PTO SHAFT YOKE #3  
It’s me again. I lost the push pin assembly that locks the pto shaft yoke to the tractor. I think that’s what it’s called, but it’s that little spring-loaded button you push to install and remove the pto shaft from the tractor. Went to TSC can’t figure out how those come apart to be replaced. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

There is usually a clip on the end opposite the push button. From memory, it is a clip which you squeezed together, to keep the clip on the pin.
QZ80pIy.jpg

Dave M7040

/ How do you replace the push pin assembly on a PTO SHAFT YOKE #4  
I agree with Dave M7040. That's the type I've encountered.

/ How do you replace the push pin assembly on a PTO SHAFT YOKE
Where would you get pins like these. There were two at TSC. Both were slightly different, but neither one came with the little clip to hold it in place. Thnanks again for your help and time.

/ How do you replace the push pin assembly on a PTO SHAFT YOKE
Thanks guys. I was able to find em.

/ How do you replace the push pin assembly on a PTO SHAFT YOKE #7  
Just for the record, I encountered one alternate type that pretty much stumped everyone. Instead of a clip it had a brass pin that was driven though it to capture the push pin. The pin had a milled half circle to accept it. It was almost impossible to see it from age and paint. It drove out and I reinstalled a new one to be sure it was tight. This arrangement was on a fairly large rotary cutter of some rather popular brand I cannot recall the name of at the moment.

/ How do you replace the push pin assembly on a PTO SHAFT YOKE #8  
I've never lost a "push pin" on the PTO but that attached file Dave M7040 has in post# 3 says it all. Thanks AH - my learning event for the day.

/ How do you replace the push pin assembly on a PTO SHAFT YOKE #9  
I thought of the brand. It was Hawse

I didn't lose the one on that shaft. The one on that shaft eventually wore so badly it wouldn't hold on the PTO shaft once engaged. I would come off within minutes.

/ How do you replace the push pin assembly on a PTO SHAFT YOKE #10  
There is no such thing as Tractor supply in my area so I made my own.
I chucked a 3/8" bolt shaft in my drill press and machined it to fit using a hand held file.
Drilled out the end to accept a cotter pin and washer.

It helped that I did have the worn out pin as a sample to copy.

That has to be 8-10 years ago and still works fine.