How do you replace the push pin assembly on a PTO SHAFT YOKE

/ How do you replace the push pin assembly on a PTO SHAFT YOKE
Thank you. Sounds like a good idea. I may need to try that if this one fails. The equipment manufacturer said the can no longer sell the kind with the clip on the bottom due to “legal reasons”, so I bought one of the newer ones. It looks to be kind of a Mickey Mouse fix. You have to put the new spring in then a new button and then you “swedge” the sides in with a hammer and a punch. Just doesn’t seem to be much material holding it in place so it may not last long. I did that since it was readily available and I had the field 1/2 mowed and just wanted to get it done, but I did find a couple places on line where you can still order the kind with the little clip to hold it in place.

Thank you.

/ How do you replace the push pin assembly on a PTO SHAFT YOKE #13  
Thank you. Sounds like a good idea. I may need to try that if this one fails. The equipment manufacturer said the can no longer sell the kind with the clip on the bottom due to “legal reasons”, so I bought one of the newer ones. It looks to be kind of a Mickey Mouse fix. You have to put the new spring in then a new button and then you “swedge” the sides in with a hammer and a punch. Just doesn’t seem to be much material holding it in place so it may not last long. I did that since it was readily available and I had the field 1/2 mowed and just wanted to get it done, but I did find a couple places on line where you can still order the kind with the little clip to hold it in place.
I have one of those on the bush hog. IMO, the kind with the clip a much better, you can tap on the other end of the clip when the button rusts up a little and doesn't want go lock.

Aaron Z

Aaron Z

/ How do you replace the push pin assembly on a PTO SHAFT YOKE #14  
There is no such thing as Tractor supply in my area so I made my own.
I chucked a 3/8" bolt shaft in my drill press and machined it to fit using a hand held file.
Drilled out the end to accept a cotter pin and washer.

It helped that I did have the worn out pin as a sample to copy.

That has to be 8-10 years ago and still works fine.

If there was a Tractor Supply there like mine, they are out of what ever you are looking for. So you end up making or going else where a lot of the time.

Yep. I’m finding that out too with TSC. Have to get most parts on-line.