new/used/rebuilt engine needed for JD 4100

/ new/used/rebuilt engine needed for JD 4100
Ready for this? I never did any work on the engine. Now the oil light comes on at low RPM, and it burns 28 oz per 2 hours. Once I get past mowing season, it may be time. Or I install a 5 gallon oil tank!

/ new/used/rebuilt engine needed for JD 4100 #73  
search for it online!!

Posted the original issue in 05. Been running as is since then. Until yesterday. Heard a clank. Nursed it to the shop. Probably shouldn't have. Head is off. Center piston is loose. Cylinder scored. Broke small part of water pump where oring goes. Need to get at bottom. It's a mfwd so not sure if I will need to drop front axle, but seems like drive line at least has to get out of the way.

Any recommendations for non deere parts? It's a yanmar 3tne74. Just a piston, rod, bearings is pushing 700 at dealer. Then I still need to get an oversized bore done somehow, a water pump, and surely that's not all!

I have mfwd and a FEL. It looks like to remove the oil pan I have to remove the FEL mount and drive shaft. The PS cylinder and even mfwd gearbox might be in the way. Anyone else done this that can say for sure?

/ new/used/rebuilt engine needed for JD 4100 #77  
I have mfwd and a FEL. It looks like to remove the oil pan I have to remove the FEL mount and drive shaft. The PS cylinder and even mfwd gearbox might be in the way. Anyone else done this that can say for sure?

I have always removed the engines. I don't see how you can have cylinders bored .25mm O/S with the engine in the tractor.

I have always removed the engines. I don't see how you can have cylinders bored .25mm O/S with the engine in the tractor.

Yeah, I called a shop. What you said. Will look at the tech manual. Way early on others suggested doing this all in-frame, but with the cylinder damage I'm not sure how that can happen.

Whew. Have to split the frame. Can leave engine in back half to get at oil pan, but if I want the engine out, better to leave it in front half and then take it out. Anyone got a 3TNE74-JK2 lying around?

/ new/used/rebuilt engine needed for JD 4100 #80  
It is easiest to split the tractor at the bell housing first. leaving the engine on the front axle subframe. This gives you a support with wheels to pull the 2 halves apart. After you have it split, remove the engine from the front axle subframe.

You have been able to find oversize pistons for that tractor? I suspect only a .25mm O/S was sold by JD. No .5mm O/S.