1966 International Harvester Scout 800

/ 1966 International Harvester Scout 800 #1  

Redrockmullet

Tractor
1974? Satoh S-550g
Here are a few pics of my 66 Scout. Well, its really a Harvrolet in that its running a Corvetter 350 and Blazer gear. However, its very hard to find nice scouts and it took two trucks to piece this one together because the ones you find are so beat up and rusted out.

LOTS of fun and kids love it. I don't even care that it gets 10mpg, totally worth it. You gotta pay to play as they say.

Anyway, hope you likey:

4362426613_8b97b5ce1e_b.jpg

4362427309_ccfdaef361_b.jpg

4363170828_47c05a2126_b.jpg

4362428085_125fe98701_b.jpg

Also: No, its not for sale!

/ 1966 International Harvester Scout 800 #2  
I always liked them, reminds me of my grandfathers (his was stock of course) except his was bright red. :)

/ 1966 International Harvester Scout 800 #3  
Orange 1978, Scout II... every once in a while, I just look to see what scouts are for sale... :drool::drool::drool:

/ 1966 International Harvester Scout 800 #4  
Just wondering if it is road legal? Around here they would certainly get you for those tires hanging out. Nice job on the restore!

/ 1966 International Harvester Scout 800 #5  
Awesome job but with the "photoshoped" imagery it looks like a toy.. kids toy that is. But very impressive. My buddy retores "Willy" stuff: jeeps, P/U and paneled trucks.

Thanks.

/ 1966 International Harvester Scout 800 #6  
Awesome job but with the "photoshoped" imagery it looks like a toy.. kids toy that is. But very impressive. My buddy retores "Willy" stuff: jeeps, P/U and paneled trucks.

Thanks.

Looks like tilt shift to me.

/ 1966 International Harvester Scout 800 #7  
Nice, I still see them out here in California and in incredible shape. Those that have kept them stock are fetching very high dollar. I also see the old Ford Bronco's from the 60's every now and then fully restored.

/ 1966 International Harvester Scout 800 #8  
I put about 50k miles on a '79 before it died of skin cancer, 304 auto w/dual exhaust 33" tires via 4" trailmaster and a 33 gal tank.

It was so smooth on the highway after I lifted it and the engine just purred.

I'd buy parts from an old dealer on the outskirts of Detroit named Rengers.

Why the drivetrain swap? Dana 44s were as strong as a gm 10bolt

/ 1966 International Harvester Scout 800
Its road legal here in Alabama. Never had any issue with that, but did get pulled over the very first time I ever drove it questioning headlight height; it's within guidelines, so they couldn't do anything about it.

The drivetrain swap was a neccesity due to the original parts being trashed... and they were 4 cylinders, so they couldn't have turned those tires. Plus, chevy parts are abundant and cheap.

I had initially looked into buying a Bronco, but they are way overpriced and everyone's sister has a jeep, so I opted for the scout because they are so hard to find. Turns our that they are just really hard to find in decent enough shape to restore.

Only problem now is that since no one recognizes it as a Scout, as they are not well known, everyone assumes its a bronco and they'll say, "Hey, thats a nice bronco, man!" To which I'll reply, "Its a Scout, bud... bronco's are for sissys!"