1966 International Harvester Scout 800

/ 1966 International Harvester Scout 800 #21  
Its road legal here in Alabama. Never had any issue with that, but did get pulled over the very first time I ever drove it questioning headlight height; it's within guidelines, so they couldn't do anything about it.

The drivetrain swap was a neccesity due to the original parts being trashed... and they were 4 cylinders, so they couldn't have turned those tires. Plus, chevy parts are abundant and cheap.

I had initially looked into buying a Bronco, but they are way overpriced and everyone's sister has a jeep, so I opted for the scout because they are so hard to find. Turns our that they are just really hard to find in decent enough shape to restore.

Only problem now is that since no one recognizes it as a Scout, as they are not well known, everyone assumes its a bronco and they'll say, "Hey, thats a nice bronco, man!" To which I'll reply, "Its a Scout, bud... bronco's are for sissys!"

I HAVE A 70 IH SCOUT II 800A LOOKS JUST LIKE YOUR BUT STOCK AND IT AN EVERY DAY DRIVER I DRIVE IT WHEN THE WEATHER IS REAL NICE BUT WHEN IT RAINS I PARK IT BECAUSE IT GETS A WORK OUT WHEN ALL MY FRIENDS CALL FOR ME TO COME PULL THEM OUT AND IT STILL HAS THE ORIGINAL 4 CY ENGINE AND TRANNY!

/ 1966 International Harvester Scout 800 #22  
I bought an International Scout with a hardtop and a snow plow back in the mid 60's so it had to have been a early 1950's model since I did not have that much money to have bought a newer one back then...I did a lot of snow plowing with it over 2 winters...I plowed commercially....parking lots and some driveways...I also would jump start cars on real cold mornings for a fee...jumped them right off my battery..The Scout would always start no matter how cold and I never had a problem with it that I can remember..It was 2 wheel drive but I used chains so it plowed great and yes I wish I still had it...thanks for the pictures , brings back good memories.

/ 1966 International Harvester Scout 800 #23  
Great lookin rig! I grew up with Scouts in MA, my dad would buy a new one every few years. Used to plow with the 4cyl 196 cu inch with absolutely no problem. They were beasts!
From 1994-1998 I used to buy/fix/sell em, probably owned 20 or so scouts total. Restored a 79 Terra, and 80 Scout 2 with Nissan turbo diesel.....loved both rigs but sold em both, do kinda regret it.
Keep telling myself I'll get back into it someday......

(thus the TBN handle!)