What was this cast iron pan used for?

/ What was this cast iron pan used for? #1  

ohno

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 35
pan bottom view.jpgPan top view.jpgpan infront of 14inx25in filter.jpg

This was a pan that my dad had from the farm 75 years ago. Its cast iron and as the picture with the furnace filter is fairly large. It measures 30inx26in. I don't know what it was used for, any body know?

/ What was this cast iron pan used for? #3  
Looks like it went under a pot-belly stove.

/ What was this cast iron pan used for? #5  
Now that's what I call pretty good forum help!

/ What was this cast iron pan used for? #6  
Exactly - TCJatko is right. Its either the very bottom plate on the stove or it set on the floor directly under the stove. The shape and fact its cast iron & the short legs that keep it from direct contact with the floor gave it away. We had a heat dissipating board under our wood stove - it was asbestos-concrete.

/ What was this cast iron pan used for? #7  
Speaking of cast iron pans, I remember my Grandmother used one all the time back in the day when she cooked.

I will say she was absolutely the best cook I have encountered in my life. She was the very best.

I miss her.

MoKelly

/ What was this cast iron pan used for? #8  
I had the exact same one, only also the complete unit.
(Note that there are small 'button feet' in pix 1.)

My unit was double walled cast iron without a bottom but it has 3/4" pipe thread inlet and outlets on the backside.
Also only had a door and no removable top.

It was a hot water heater!---possibly meant to be installed outside or on an earthen floor due to the lack of feet.
The other interesting thing is that there was no means to attach the firebox to the base, it simply sat on the base!

/ What was this cast iron pan used for? #9  
Speaking of cast iron pans, I remember my Grandmother used one all the time back in the day when she cooked.

I will say she was absolutely the best cook I have encountered in my life. She was the very best.

I miss her.

MoKelly

My Wife cherishes her cast iron pans. I've bought her a few in my Worldly travels. You'd think I gave her a million bucks. I bought her a cast iron waffle maker a few years ago. I'll hafta dig it out and post some pics.

/ What was this cast iron pan used for? #10  
I made the mistake of helping my wife while she was gone. I washed her cast iron skillet with soap and water, thereby ruining the cure. She did not approve of my help. At least I am not allowed to do dishes anymore.:thumbsup: