What was this cast iron pan used for?

/ What was this cast iron pan used for? #11  
I made the mistake of helping my wife while she was gone. I washed her cast iron skillet with soap and water, thereby ruining the cure. She did not approve of my help. At least I am not allowed to do dishes anymore.:thumbsup:

The only thing worse than washing a cast iron pan with soap, is putting it in the dishwasher.:thumbdown:

I take care of ours.. They are always shiny and ready to go.. Once you get your cured surface on, you don't want to lose it.

/ What was this cast iron pan used for? #12  
The only thing worse than washing a cast iron pan with soap, is putting it in the dishwasher.:thumbdown:

I take care of ours.. They are always shiny and ready to go.. Once you get your cured surface on, you don't want to lose it.

Then how you supposed to clean it?

/ What was this cast iron pan used for? #13  
Then how you supposed to clean it?

Just rinse it out with hot water, put it back on a hot burner, and apply a little bit more olive oil,(very little) spread it around with paper towel while hot, and turn off the burner and let it set on burner to cool. Do not overheat, (no smoke) just about a minute or two on the burner will do.

The hot water will clean it perfectly when well seasoned. That is why you don't ever want to lose the seasoning, because then food will stick to it and be hard to get off. Once your pan has gotten to perfection, and someone comes along and scours it out, you are "fornicated". You have to start all over, and it takes a few times to get to where you want to be.

/ What was this cast iron pan used for? #14  
Yes, even though the cast iron pan was washed - the "curing/seasoning" can be restored. Do as James indicates - post #13. It will, most likely, take more than one time but with patience & perseverance it can be repaired.