Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,952  
73F with very bright sunshine @ 11:30 (at least for the moment), heading up to around 79F for the day's high temp. Severe weather expected to move in tonight. Looks like Rich will probably get more of it than we do.

Got hopper feeder refilled first thing yesterday, plus some scattered for the ground feeders. Tube feeders now empty so they are due to be refilled today.

First of the iris have started blooming:

IMG_3229 copy.jpg

IMG_3230 copy.jpg

And peonies are not far behind:

IMG_3231 copy.jpg

Woman managed to get all the support rings put around them earlier this year so they shouldn't be falling over.

And it looks like it is about time to harvest some rhubarb and make a pie.

Did not get any plant moving done yesterday though ... :(

That will need to happen today, with the possibility of severe weather later tonight.

But in order for it to happen at least 1 section of the shelves around back will need to be disassembled and rebuilt up against the house where the plants will have a little more protection.

Instead, I worked on another disassembly project ... :giggle::

IMG_3228 copy.jpg

About 8 lineal feet of the decking fully removed, so probably about 30% (?) done.

Got to test out Woman's new battery-powered chain saw, pretty impressed with how well it cuts and how much capacity the battery has. Was using 1.5Ah battery and was able to make three 8' cuts and battery showed no signs of slowing down. Granted, it was only through 5/4ths decking, but still should be plenty useful for light trimming and pruning tasks.

Woman was just outside, heard Her yelling "You need to cut the grass !" ... so that looks like it will be the main task for the day.

She's headed over to renew the registration on Her car.

Why that can't wait until a rainy day I'll never know ... :rolleyes:

But I will have Her pick up more gas for the Cub while She's out.

Pots from Amazon on the truck and out for delivery via USPS as of 06:31 this morning.

Other than that I have a couple of bills to schedule for payment.

Meter's running so need to get moving.

Hope everyone is having a decent Tuesday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #189,953  
Up early, I stumbled to the coffee maker, opened the cupboard and 1 of grammas china teacups tumbled off the top shelf and broke into 100 pieces on top of the coffee maker send pieces everywhere including a shard into my outstretched palm. Shuffled 6 dogs out of the room, then the broom, the vacuum, and the bandaids. Sheesh - I hope the rest of the day goes without incident. ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #189,954  
Up early, I stumbled to the coffee maker, opened the cupboard and 1 of grammas china teacups tumbled off the top shelf and broke into 100 pieces on top of the coffee maker send pieces everywhere including a shard into my outstretched palm. Shuffled 6 dogs out of the room, then the broom, the vacuum, and the bandaids. Sheesh - I hope the rest of the day goes without incident. ;)
My coffee took a dive off the desk this AM. Hit the floor and shattered into a quadrillion pieces.

At least it missed the laptops on the way down, the server though got a good splash.

That was the last of my favorite coffee mugs.

Rough way to start the day.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,956  
Hmmm, looks like I forgot to post this morning. Maybe Monday, too. So a late Good Morning!!!!

How long have you been house hunting, Don? What prompts the move? Seems like you might miss out on all the activities you have access to in your post ranch neighborhood?

Had a Culligan guy out this morning to look at the water softener. His company installed the system in 2010, and is old enough he showed up with no parts, even though they should have a record of what components were involved. Pretty much a wasted trip. Afterwards I got on line, found a supplier for the defective part, called them to make sure it was the right one, and have it on order. I hope Culligan doesn't try to bill me for anything.

Yesterday I moved four downed tree trunks to the burn pile, leaving one more still attached to the stump. In spite of chain issues with the saw, got the last one cut and moved before lunch. I put an 18" bar on that little Makita battery saw, and buried all of it in that last trunk. It's definitely not as strong as a gas saw, but it's a heck of a lot more convenient, and so far has met almost 100% of my chain saw needs.

Just before lunch I noticed a leak coming from the grapple, and back at the house found a nick in one of the hydraulic lines. That means a trip to town, and probably shoots the rest of the day.

Was going to head south tomorrow, but I think I'll delay a day to square things away with the tractor and stump. One less thing to keep track of for the next trip. And a little more time to pack. Always more to pack...

/ Good morning!!!! #189,957  
bad day to be a coffee mug.
Put a few more screws in the bedroom floor. Took me awhile to find the next joist. I forgot that over the bathroom, i put joists 12" OC because of the soaking tub, and this was outside of the bathroom.....
after lunch decided to try the grass. was a little wet under at first, but it soon dried out as sun came out. Got it all mowed. Really needed it. Wonder what VA lot looks like. I moved that camera to Ohio.
Loads of pollen on the mower.
IMG_5372.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #189,959  
Wife did say, if you had that screw kit for years, why you just now using them? LOL
I happened to find them.
Don is moving, wow. Same development?
Was supposed to rain this morning but hasn’t. Yard really tall, but not dry to mow.

She should know by now. We often procure a solution, put it someplace for safe keeping, and eventually find it when we have more time.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,960  
How long have you been house hunting, Don? What prompts the move? Seems like you might miss out on all the activities you have access to in your post ranch neighborhood?
We have been waiting for a house to be available for 6 months. It is not a new house, but it is very unique. All the activities will still be available, the move is still in the neighborhood just a 3-4 mile move. Even though our present house checked off 90% of the required boxes the next house will check 110%. More next week if everything falls into place.