Steel buildings or Wood ?

/ Steel buildings or Wood ?
J_J said:
I don't know if you like snakes, but maybe some friendly snakes would take care of your mouse problem. At least you would not have to feed them.
J.J. maybe a big Boa constrictor? Get rid of the mice, chip monks, squirrels, cats and, maybe even someone´s dog ?? ;) :p Just kidding of course ....

BAGTIC said:
I just bought used industrial shelving for my shop. Don't have it installed yet as I am still waiting for some of the liner and electical to be installed.

The heavy shelving cost $70 per unit, 4 feet deep and 8 feet long with three shelves per unit. Choice of heights was 7-10 feet high, same price.

I also got some 48 inch high and will shorten the uprights with a cutoff say to reduce them to workbench height. They only have 2 shelves but only cost $40 a unit. It all came from a Wal-Mart store.

The prices are 1/5, or less, than the same quality new shelving plus there was no shipping costs, a sizable amount on some as heavy and bulky as these shelves.

Around here it isn't the mice that chew up tractor wiring and such. It is chipmunks. Their favorite color is blue.
This would go great in my garage thanks for the tip. :eek:

/ Steel buildings or Wood ? #53  
I have used the moth balls with good success. You never know though maybe I wouldn't of had mice without them.

3238dpw said:
I have used the moth balls with good success. You never know though maybe I wouldn't of had mice without them.
Yeah, I'm thinking per everyone´s advice. Moth balls, rat poison, and Pony's tobacco idea...along with taking the battery out of the tractor. If that doesn't do it nothing will.....Thanks all.. ;)

/ Steel buildings or Wood ? #55  
RegL said:
I don't know. Our cat will kill anything that moves outdoors but mice have square dances on the living room rug and she pays no attention. Kind of like illegals. If you can sneak in we will give you a driver's licence and send your kids to collage.

I guess you didn't get in on that meal ticket ? ;-)