Steel buildings or Wood ?

/ Steel buildings or Wood ?
J_J said:
Just get a big mean cat and house and feed it in the shed , or keep some rat poison around the shed.
Rat poison good idea G why didn't I think of that. Thanks ..:eek:

/ Steel buildings or Wood ? #32  
J_J said:
Just get a big mean cat and house and feed it in the shed , or keep some rat poison around the shed.

I don't know. Our cat will kill anything that moves outdoors but mice have square dances on the living room rug and she pays no attention. Kind of like illegals. If you can sneak in we will give you a driver's licence and send your kids to collage.

/ Steel buildings or Wood ? #33  
Barryh said:
Any one have any good ideas on keeping mice out of your tractors when locked in a shed ??? I need to store one and worried about mice making a nest and eating up my wiring.... :eek: I heard of moth balls does that really work??

A tractor mechanic told me that most barn fires were started by mice gnawing on tractor wiring. I have no way of knowing if he knew what he was talking about or not.

I think J.J. has the best idea. :cool:

Get two kittens, a pair of litter mates, and they will be friends for life. If they were born to an outdoor mom, so much the better, since she will have trained them to hunt.

/ Steel buildings or Wood ? #34  
Barryh said:
Rat poison good idea G why didn't I think of that. Thanks ..:eek:

I use mouse bait inside my shop, but I don't spread it around outside. Too many critters that you don't want to kill will eat it.

I still have mice, BTW. :eek: :(

SnowRidge said:
A tractor mechanic told me that most barn fires were started by mice gnawing on tractor wiring. I have no way of knowing if he knew what he was talking about or not.

I think J.J. has the best idea. :cool:

Get two kittens, a pair of litter mates, and they will be friends for life. If they were born to an outdoor mom, so much the better, since she will have trained them to hunt.
Hmmmmm a shed fire that's a scary thought, it´s never even occurred to me. I also get mice in the garage once in a while. Little buggers build nests in my tool box among other places and chew everything up. Maybe I should just work on mice proofing the shed.

I do like J.J.s idea of poison but, once the snow flies and the ice builds up. I rarely go into the shed. The thought of dead stinking mice in the spring doesn't really excite me either. Better than chewed wiring, so guess I'll try that idea first.

The wife says no more in door cats, because I won't help her clean the litter box. :rolleyes: Out door cats would be ok as long as they stayed out doors, but Leaving them outdoors I'm not to crazy about that idea. Thanks for the ideas.

/ Steel buildings or Wood ? #36  
Barryh said:
The thought of dead stinking mice in the spring doesn't really excite me either.

They are usually dessicated when you find them. No odor at all.

/ Steel buildings or Wood ? #37  
One thing that I've done for years that is helpful for storage is to use my scaffolding with heavy platforms on it as storage shelves.

That also solves the problem of storing the scaffolding.

Makes a lot of work, though, when I need to actually use the scaffolding as scaffolding! Only every two years or so, though.

I'm not a contractor, but bought the scaffolding while building two different houses since the cost of buying it wouldn't even rent it for two weeks.

Mark H.

catsco said:
One thing that I've done for years that is helpful for storage is to use my scaffolding with heavy platforms on it as storage shelves.

That also solves the problem of storing the scaffolding.

Makes a lot of work, though, when I need to actually use the scaffolding as scaffolding! Only every two years or so, though.

I'm not a contractor, but bought the scaffolding while building two different houses since the cost of buying it wouldn't even rent it for two weeks.

Mark H.
Maybe your in the wrong business, That's pretty impressive. .;)

SnowRidge said:
Good point.

/ Steel buildings or Wood ? #40  
SnowRidge said:

That works good outdoors. But when a mouse dies and falls between your dining room and kitchen walls and stinks for a few days, you'll regret not using traps instead. Trust me, I know. :p