PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think.

/ PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think. #11  
Hahaha, me neither. I've only seen a picture of them once and remember several folks who bought 400 series machines right after they switched to hydraulic treadles with NO springs and the comments were "WOE NELLIE" the treadle is TOO sensitive. And PT came out with the springs shortly after.

/ PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think. #12  
At some point I need to take my Treddle apart. I am fully hydraulic. From what Terry said it sounded pretty simple. They do get blocked up with debris (my reverse is way stronger than my forward, Terry thinks it is junk in the trunk).

/ PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think. #13  
You have a trunk on your 1850?

Could you elaborate?

All the best,

Peter

/ PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think. #15  
My PT -425's tredle dose not spring back quite like it used to when released. The tractor seems to want to continue moving forward when tredle is released. Also, reverse is very slow. The tractor still still articulates and lifts as usual. I removed the side plates and cleaned debris from the area. I cracked the hoses attached to the tredle and could see fluid to and from. I also changed the hydraulic filter and bled the line. But that had no affect. My guess is that I need a new tredle valve. Any suggestions:confused:.

Well this is what my PT-425 did just before the main pump went out. Everything else worked just fine. Eventually what happened is I lost all forward motion and only had reverse. So I was driving around the yard in reverse to put it away. Oh, and there was no neutral to speak of. It was a little suspenseful there for a bit. Couldn't stop, couldn't go forward, just reverse. I had to stall it to stop it. Got another pump from Power-trac and was back in service. This is my 3rd pump well technically 4th pump that has been in my tractor. The 3rd pump was bad and didn't work so I had to take it all apart and send it back and do it all over again. I was out of service for about a month over all. Original pump at 50 hours went out in a snow storm but was able to push back into garage, I am counting this as pump one. 2nd pump lasted about 250 hours now this one. Word to the wise do not tighten the hoses to tight when taking them off and putting them back on, the hose nuts crack and you have to buy a new hose. Don't ask me how I know. I have lots of experience now changing that main pump. Good luck to you.

/ PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think.
Well this is what my PT-425 did just before the main pump went out. Everything else worked just fine. Eventually what happened is I lost all forward motion and only had reverse. So I was driving around the yard in reverse to put it away. Oh, and there was no neutral to speak of. It was a little suspenseful there for a bit. Couldn't stop, couldn't go forward, just reverse. I had to stall it to stop it. Got another pump from Power-trac and was back in service. This is my 3rd pump well technically 4th pump that has been in my tractor. The 3rd pump was bad and didn't work so I had to take it all apart and send it back and do it all over again. I was out of service for about a month over all. Original pump at 50 hours went out in a snow storm but was able to push back into garage, I am counting this as pump one. 2nd pump lasted about 250 hours now this one. Word to the wise do not tighten the hoses to tight when taking them off and putting them back on, the hose nuts crack and you have to buy a new hose. Don't ask me how I know. I have lots of experience now changing that main pump. Good luck to you.

Thanks,
I also think it is the pump. We jacked-up the tractor to get wheels off the ground and found that very little fluid were getting to the treadle from the main pump. There is also a loud clunk when the a wheel is spun. What did the pump cost? Can it be rebuilt? Did you have to go to PT for replacement?

/ PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think. #17  
They say they rebuilt it but it was another pump from off a shelf that was rebuilt. I could tell because the stampings were different. You won't get your original one back. It is how they can get you back in service quickly I suppose. They do tell you what happened to it though. My first pump was the swash plate that went out and what you said about yours sounds similar to what is happened to mine. My second pump a brackets bolts broke free inside and thats why only reverse. The one pump they sent me just couldn't get primed and so there was no oil flow. They said they could rebuild it but I'm sure my pump after rebuild went to someone else. A rebuild was just over $400 with shipping, I think new is like $2200 or more. Hardest part is draining the oil and storing it. Then clean your tank, take the cover off and look for debris, shavings and so forth. I found heavy shavings and a 3/4 inch pin in mine. Hope nothing went to any other part and got stuck somewhere. Label all the hoses well, the oil just takes marker ink off everything and take lots of pictures with the labels on them. Taking it out is the hardest part, putting the new one is should take about an hour depending on how your PT is set up and it is hard on the back as well. Get some old soft towels and put on the oil reservoir and just straddle it. It is easier that way. The lower hoses are the hardest to tighten and loosen, open end wrenches work the best. Oh, I really didn't get much oil out of my treadle hoses either. They are small hoses that don't hold much. Rebuilt pump comes with a gasket but I also used blue gasket sealer on it as well.

/ PT-425 Tredle Problem - I think. #18  
As a side note from my major issue of the moment. I was going to rebuild my wheel motors, one has a slight weep. While talking to Terry, he said I can send in or have it rebuilt locally. I asked him for a seal kit. It was $250.. YEOUCH. Told him I wanted to fix the break first and come back to this later.