Manual

/ Manual #21  
Agreed. Hope all is well. I miss him.

/ Manual #22  
Agreed. Hope all is well. I miss him.

/ Manual #23  
I agree a living manual would be of great use to everyone. I have a ton of server space so it would not cost anyone anything.

I already have two separate Web Sites for my business, including a forum setup of my own. I have a few sub domains I use for the fun of it, and several more available that could support a whole other Web Site with room to spare.

As Kent was nice enough to offer his time, expertise, and writing skills. Seems it would be appropriate for him to lead the charge.

I believe he, along with a hand full of main players have been on this forum since day one. My only concerns would be making sure this site is not affected in any way.

This is a great place for PT'ers to gather over a cup of java, and discuss there beloved machines. With that in mind, I would think a simple online manual would be all that is needed. Just my two cents.

It would have to be something everyone here would be interested in supporting.

If so, I would be happy to delicate space for a manual, that could be printed off in parts or the whole thing for use in the future.

Are there any other takers, and or thoughts on this ???

/ Manual #24  
I agree a living manual would be of great use to everyone. I have a ton of server space so it would not cost anyone anything.

I already have two separate Web Sites for my business, including a forum setup of my own. I have a few sub domains I use for the fun of it, and several more available that could support a whole other Web Site with room to spare.

As Kent was nice enough to offer his time, expertise, and writing skills. Seems it would be appropriate for him to lead the charge.

I believe he, along with a hand full of main players have been on this forum since day one. My only concerns would be making sure this site is not affected in any way.

This is a great place for PT'ers to gather over a cup of java, and discuss there beloved machines. With that in mind, I would think a simple online manual would be all that is needed. Just my two cents.

If so, I would be happy to delicate space for a manual, that could be printed off in parts or the whole thing for use in the future.

/ Manual #25  
As a side note, helpful Links, and sources for tools such as the main nut wrench, tires, oil filter wrenches, and such could be also included, and updated for various models.

/ Manual #26  
As a side note, helpful Links, and sources for tools such as the main nut wrench, tires, oil filter wrenches, and such could be also included, and updated for various models.

/ Manual #27  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I agree a living manual would be of great use to everyone. I have a ton of server space so it would not cost anyone anything.

)</font>

Barry, I just wanted to offer some clarification.

(1) I also have access to plenty of server space, domains, etc. so that's not the real issue. What I could also bring to the table -- in addition to the experience with Simplicity and my other site -- is the software to make it work... perhaps not a 100% "custom-designed, custom-built" solution, but one that works. Forums, some collaboration and workspace to develop and index articles, photo galleries, file sharing, etc., all in an integrated package with user registration, passwords, etc.

(2) I was offering to do this at no cost to other PT owners, just like this forum doesn't cost anything. I would set it up so that advertising (Google and perhaps others) would eventually help cover the ongoing costs. Note that disk space on a server is cheap but bandwidth on a server is not, especially when you start storing and serving out photos, diagrams, PDFs, etc. (Been there, done that too -- I've been hit with bandwidth charges higher than the other hosting fees, combined...)

(3) In return, all I'd ask is that it be on my site -- i.e. a "dot com" entity that I'd own and operate, similar to how Mohammed runs this place (with a lot of help... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif).

Thought this additional clarification might be valuable... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Manual #28  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I agree a living manual would be of great use to everyone. I have a ton of server space so it would not cost anyone anything.

)</font>

Barry, I just wanted to offer some clarification.

(1) I also have access to plenty of server space, domains, etc. so that's not the real issue. What I could also bring to the table -- in addition to the experience with Simplicity and my other site -- is the software to make it work... perhaps not a 100% "custom-designed, custom-built" solution, but one that works. Forums, some collaboration and workspace to develop and index articles, photo galleries, file sharing, etc., all in an integrated package with user registration, passwords, etc.

(2) I was offering to do this at no cost to other PT owners, just like this forum doesn't cost anything. I would set it up so that advertising (Google and perhaps others) would eventually help cover the ongoing costs. Note that disk space on a server is cheap but bandwidth on a server is not, especially when you start storing and serving out photos, diagrams, PDFs, etc. (Been there, done that too -- I've been hit with bandwidth charges higher than the other hosting fees, combined...)

(3) In return, all I'd ask is that it be on my site -- i.e. a "dot com" entity that I'd own and operate, similar to how Mohammed runs this place (with a lot of help... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif).

Thought this additional clarification might be valuable... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Manual #29  
I am a fairly new user with a 1430 and would love to have access to such a manual on line. I would also be willing to contribute although I am too new to be of great value. I know most items would be directed to the 425 but I could help with some research or commentary on how the 1430 may differ. Sounds like a wonderful idea as I agree that PT's manual lacks detail and there is absolutely nothing relaing to attachments.

/ Manual #30  
I am a fairly new user with a 1430 and would love to have access to such a manual on line. I would also be willing to contribute although I am too new to be of great value. I know most items would be directed to the 425 but I could help with some research or commentary on how the 1430 may differ. Sounds like a wonderful idea as I agree that PT's manual lacks detail and there is absolutely nothing relaing to attachments.