Manual

/ Manual #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That said, it would be nice to have some sort of online indexing of the most asked questions / topics. )</font>

Moss and I discussed something like this offline last year, but he wasn't interested, and I never did anything or went any farther with it.

As some of you know, I started a website for old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers garden tractors several years ago, and have nurtured it over the years. (see link ). It has become sel-supporting -- the advertising covers the expenses. It has also fostered and "spun off" an independent dues-paying club, with about 650 dues-paying members and elected officers. The "clubhouse" there has discussion forums similar to these but also personal photo galleries, indexing of articles and references, an owner's registry, etc. The site has no formal affiliation with Simplicity (I run a disclaimer that their lawyers provided), but they have "unofficially support my efforts" and provided me some information in the past. Their VP of Ops even gave me and my son a plant tour when we were out there on vacation...

I'd be willing to do the same thing for Power Tracs, but I can't do it alone -- I'm only one owner/user. It takes the combined knowledge and experience to make it work. Similarly, I'm not trying to compete with TBN and this great resource either.

However, since I've proven that I can do it, and maintain the proper "legal distance" from the manufacturer, yet get their cooperation, I'd be willing to contact Tazewell and see how they would react -- if there were enough experienced PT owners who'd participate...

/ Manual #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That said, it would be nice to have some sort of online indexing of the most asked questions / topics. )</font>

Moss and I discussed something like this offline last year, but he wasn't interested, and I never did anything or went any farther with it.

As some of you know, I started a website for old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers garden tractors several years ago, and have nurtured it over the years. (see link ). It has become sel-supporting -- the advertising covers the expenses. It has also fostered and "spun off" an independent dues-paying club, with about 650 dues-paying members and elected officers. The "clubhouse" there has discussion forums similar to these but also personal photo galleries, indexing of articles and references, an owner's registry, etc. The site has no formal affiliation with Simplicity (I run a disclaimer that their lawyers provided), but they have "unofficially support my efforts" and provided me some information in the past. Their VP of Ops even gave me and my son a plant tour when we were out there on vacation...

I'd be willing to do the same thing for Power Tracs, but I can't do it alone -- I'm only one owner/user. It takes the combined knowledge and experience to make it work. Similarly, I'm not trying to compete with TBN and this great resource either.

However, since I've proven that I can do it, and maintain the proper "legal distance" from the manufacturer, yet get their cooperation, I'd be willing to contact Tazewell and see how they would react -- if there were enough experienced PT owners who'd participate...

/ Manual #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hans? Who's Hans? )</font>

Really...

Here's hoping the PT test pilot hasn't crashed somewhere...

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Manual #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hans? Who's Hans? )</font>

Really...

Here's hoping the PT test pilot hasn't crashed somewhere...

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Manual #17  
Well it seems after looking at your Simplicity site you would be a great candidate for starting something like this. As you stated, you shouldn't have to do it alone.

I am not really that experienced yet, when it comes to knowledge of the Power Trac, but if there is something I can do to help get this started, count me in. With the pool of experienced people here on the forum I think it could work.

/ Manual #18  
Well it seems after looking at your Simplicity site you would be a great candidate for starting something like this. As you stated, you shouldn't have to do it alone.

I am not really that experienced yet, when it comes to knowledge of the Power Trac, but if there is something I can do to help get this started, count me in. With the pool of experienced people here on the forum I think it could work.

/ Manual
Clearly, this forum has much of the info...but it is spread all over. Having a single, comprehensive manual on routine maintenance, more serious maintenance, and all the tricks you have learned would be VERY valuable. Now, if this forum had the ability to create stickies, we could just develop it here. So, that is why I thought a real manual would be better.

But there is one other way. I maintain a website for healthcare discussions that has an open area where we could create a living manual ... If anyone is interested, lets talk about it off line. I will support it...no fees to anyone.

/ Manual
Clearly, this forum has much of the info...but it is spread all over. Having a single, comprehensive manual on routine maintenance, more serious maintenance, and all the tricks you have learned would be VERY valuable. Now, if this forum had the ability to create stickies, we could just develop it here. So, that is why I thought a real manual would be better.

But there is one other way. I maintain a website for healthcare discussions that has an open area where we could create a living manual ... If anyone is interested, lets talk about it off line. I will support it...no fees to anyone.