Crushed stone prices- way up!

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #21  
I'm looking at a quote here for my daytime employer:
NJDOT road base $12.75 to 14.50
2.5" $12.75 to 14
Mason's Sand $29.50
Select Structural Fill dirt $19.50
Gabion fill $18.75
The price range depends on where in north Jersey you are. The prices include delivery in tandems and that's where the variation is from; you pay for truck time in traffic not distance.

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #22  
Hey can you tell me the folks you got your crushed stone from? I am up in Jim Thorpe and need to do some landscaping in order to control flooding. Appreciate whatever you can share.

Thanks,

haw by

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #23  
Oops, this is for the NE PA guy in Macgungie....

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #24  
Ne Pa guy try locust ridge they are by you I think.Valley stone in Laflin by Wilkes Barre has good prices but too far away.Hope this helps.

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #25  
bearcreek paul said:
Ne Pa guy try locust ridge they are by you I think.Valley stone in Laflin by Wilkes Barre has good prices but too far away.Hope this helps.

Thanks Bearcreek! I will look them up...

Hawby

/ Crushed stone prices- way up!
Picked up some #57 last week- $22 a ton.
I stopped at Vulcan's Lyman SC quarry- not doing that again.
There is a really grouchy "lady" weighmaster in the scalehouse. Don't really like being talked to in her beachy manner when I'm spending good money.

So much for saving some miles getting rock on my way to my camp...I'd rather make the 50 mile round trip to the Vulcan Hendersonville NC quarry than put up with her again:thumbsup:

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #27  
I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to comment about the terms used to describe quarried materials.

I guess it is not universal, my head spins when I here all these different descriptions. Around here we have crushed stone, that is a uniform sized aggregate from 1/2" up to 2 or 3"
And we have processed, that's a mix of smaller and larger materials that compacts for road/driveway construction. It comes small and large, the small is 3/4" and finer and the large has stone up to 1.5 inch.

We also have what's called dust, more like small chips. The uniform sized crushed stone is the most expensive, but still not bad for the quality we have around here.

I live between 2 quarries, each only a few miles away. Owned by the same company, but the prices vary greatly even between them, not sure why.
Both quarries have Basalt Trap Rock, I believe is some of the best material you can get. I guess it's pretty common in other parts of the country?

JB