Crushed stone prices- way up!

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #11  
firefighter9208 said:
Well guys I can make you sick. $5.00 a ton for 57 (unwashed), 78 (unwashed), 1/2 crush run, or 3/4 crush run. $5.50 a ton for 57, or 78 washed. Here in Alabama. I can get it delivered for $12.00 a ton total price.

I went a couple weeks ago with my single axle dump and got 9 tons for $54.00. Cost me another $30.00 in gas to haul it the 30 miles from the crusher to my house.

Of course there are 5 quarries within 50 miles of my house :) .

Chris
Where are you buying and who is hauling it?I need to get some.

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #12  
   / Crushed stone prices- way up! #13  
Here's what I pay a ton for washed crushed stone in Central Ma. picked up.

1/2" $11.45, 3/4" $9.95, 1 1/2" $8.95

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #14  
Western KY (we have lots of quarries here in limestone country)

If you pick it up at the quarry:

$7.85 per ton for "road pack"

$8.50 per to for 1", 2" or 3"

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #15  
Today in S.E Oklahoma crusher run was $4.95 a ton picked up, I don't know about the trucking. We haul our own and the plant is 10 miles from us. I haven't asked about the sizes like you are mentioning, we just ask for crusher run!!

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #16  
Aquaman said:
Somebody needs to invent a pto driven gravel crusher:(

I knewit, but it just wouldt come to mind yesterday:

Here's a link to an Italian manufacturer of small mobile rock crushers, which just -might- ?? be affordable to some of us:
Komplet

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #17  
rtdiggr,
I'll take some and post them in the next few days. Doesn't get driven that much with the two kids. My 5 year old loves to ride in "Daddy's racecar". She'll tell me, "Daddy you better slow down, or the police is going to get you." :)

Chris

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #18  
Bamatoolmaker,

I buy at the Madison Materials quarry in Brooksville. I went last week and got #78 washed ($6.50 a ton) and a couple weeks ago I got #57 washed ($5.50 a ton). I have a 1977 GMC C70 single axle dump and can haul 8-9 tons comfortably. The quarry will deliver (I think) if you are close enough, but you have to take a tri-axle load (27 tons). Not sure on the price delivered. I guess they base that on mileage.

I live between Oneonta and Springville so I just make the 30 mile trip myself.
Where do you live?

Chris

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #19  
firefighter: I live in Ashville didn't you used to work here?

/ Crushed stone prices- way up! #20  
The last I bought from a pit 12 miles from here was $6/yard for 3/4" crusher run and $6/yard for class 5 road mix that meets state specs. I knew it was a fair price, just didn't know how fair, till now. They will deliver 12 yards for $120 to me, but I'd just buy a little as I had money, and spread and pack.