The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,041  
Blame it on frivolous lawsuits brought by parents that won't accept responsibility for their children. It's that simple.

/ The Log house Project begins........
#1,042  
Sorry Tc, I hear ya.....and unlike a large majority of the population..."I accept any responsibility for my actions". That was the way I was raised, and that's the way I will always live.

#1,043  
Blame it on frivolous lawsuits brought by parents that won't accept responsibility for their children. It's that simple.

Actually I blame it on the judge or jury that found in favor of the "plaintiff" in those cases.

:confused2: Ok, no more sidetrack...back to building PORCH!

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,044  
OK, all you guys are wrong! :D The 4" space code is not to prevent a child's head from getting passed. It's the kids body. If a kid's body can pass through and their head does not, they hang. Seems some years ago at a swanky hotel out west, a kid got hung and this caused the introduction of this particular code. Least this is what an inspector told me, so it must be true.

#1,045  
OK, all you guys are wrong! :D The 4" space code is not to prevent a child's head from getting passed. It's the kids body. If a kid's body can pass through and their head does not, they hang. Seems some years ago at a swanky hotel out west, a kid got hung and this caused the introduction of this particular code. Least this is what an inspector told me, so it must be true.

Nooooo, you are sidetracking the sidetrack with possibly useful info.......:laughing:

Wait...now I have to research how old a kid has to be to have a 4" wide body???.....Oh my...

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,046  
Hey Motor, I just read through a gazillion pages of your thread after seeing you mention it on the FF. I haven't been on here much as of late and I must have missed it. Very good reading and a job well done! You do justice to DIY, for sure! Can't wait to see it all finished!

#1,047  
Thanks EBC! 4 tractors, a dozer and building a mill..... and "you haven't been here much"? What the heck do you do all day then?:D

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,048  
Thanks EBC! 4 tractors, a dozer and building a mill..... and "you haven't been here much"? What the heck do you do all day then?:D

What can I say? -I like my toys:). Some of the equipment is quite old, but gets the job done. I know first hand what you were saying about the Belarus pedals though;) and agree with you 100% on the versatility of the HST!

/ The Log house Project begins........ #1,049  

It's a vicious cycle. The more ubersafe we make our world, the less cautious the sheeple become. Then more stupid accidents happen that are blamed on anyone else they can find. Then the more ubersafe we have to make our world.

It's the folly of the myth of zero risk.

#1,050  
Porch roof is decked:
Frontporchdeckingdone032.jpg

Frontporchdeckingdone014.jpg

I got the insulation and purlins up there this afternoon. Tomorrow I will set the tin, then start spoke-ing the railings.