The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........
#2,351  
Hey Brandi.......the house is great. That "leak" turned out to be condensation forming under the tin.

Big addition coming.....already have (18) - 310 watt solar panels and just ordered roof racking and all components to hook everything up less the batteries.... I think I am going AGM for now.

I am putting in another 200amp panel and splitting off the important stuff that will be totally off grid:

upstairs fridge
basement freezers(2)
240v well pump
Yukon Eagle furnace blower
selected lighting circuits
selected ceiling fans

I will have to cut down half a dozen trees to prevent partial shading...kinda sucks, but we have 90ac of forest so these will get cut and split for the wood rack.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,353  
I thought about solar, but went with this Kohler whole home generator and a 1000 gallon propane tank. The panels would have gone on the barn and lots of trees would have come down. I will wait for the house to be built.
Kohler Generator.jpg
Propane Tank 1000 Gallon & Chloe.jpg

hugs, Brandi

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,354  
Bindian, I've been planning to getting a generator! My cousin has one and loves it.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,355  
Hey Brandi.......the house is great. That "leak" turned out to be condensation forming under the tin.

Big addition coming.....already have (18) - 310 watt solar panels and just ordered roof racking and all components to hook everything up less the batteries.... I think I am going AGM for now.

I am putting in another 200amp panel and splitting off the important stuff that will be totally off grid:

upstairs fridge
basement freezers(2)
240v well pump
Yukon Eagle furnace blower
selected lighting circuits
selected ceiling fans

I will have to cut down half a dozen trees to prevent partial shading...kinda sucks, but we have 90ac of forest so these will get cut and split for the wood rack.
Solar panels will produce some electricity from indirect light ... But, I'm sure you are aware! We have big oaks around our house. I have one area that would work pretty good for Solar, especially from about noon until Sunset.

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,356  
Keep us posted with pictures and I agree that's a nice building site. The road work looks like it was done by an experience operator.