The Log house Project begins........

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,101  
Oh goody:cool:......more house build photos to drool over.:drool: I love all of it.:thumbsup::cool2:
hugs, Brandi

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,104  
Lookin good man. Can you ID the lantern for us? Is it operational or decorative?

/ The Log house Project begins........
#2,105  
It's a new production Kero lantern, brass colored, not real brass, but they work really good.

I finished the gable end of the Master Bedroom today:
MoreBarnTin001-1.jpg

I think each pane of stained glass is going to need a small LED spotlight on the backside.

Next is the sliding barn door to separate the Master from the Great room..........

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,106  
Rick,

Love the stained glass. The MB one kinda matches the painted saw...
Can't tell by the pics, how big is the garden area? It looks too cool.

Memphis Bill

#2,107  
Bill it's about 18x12 and almost all slate. She is going to have to work on this one a season or two to get more organic matter into the soil.

The old saw was done by a local artist & we had bought the glass before the saw, so it was worked out pretty good.

I have all the barn door track painted and ready, now I just need to run down 9' of old weathered barn wood siding. I'm thinking tin, Les wants wood...she wins:thumbsup:

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,108  
I have all the barn door track painted and ready, now I just need to run down 9' of old weathered barn wood siding. I'm thinking tin, Les wants wood...she wins:thumbsup:
Of course she wins! That goes without saying.
Obed

/ The Log house Project begins........ #2,109  
Hi MotorSeven. I stumbled across your thread and have read it all in the last week. What you have done is amazing and what impresses me most is the way you can forward think stuff and come up with ideas. Like the old roof tin as the panel in the kitchen doors, the copper worktops, among many. Simple, but the ultimate in reuse/recycle. That, and much more stuff has left me very impressed. Getting to cut and mill your own timber for a project must be very satisfiying. Well done!

#2,110  
Thanks, Mick....it's now 99.9% done on the inside. Just a few pieces of trim here and there on the French doors is all that's left.

I tackled the sliding barn door last week. Our design is open (9') the Master Bedroom to the Great room, which is fine most of the time. But when we had friends of family, we could not hide a mess:) or get privacy. I bought 18' of sliding barn door track & door hardware at the local COOP. I then salvaged wide barn wood planks off a friends 60 year old barn that is on it's last legs. I built the door in place starting with the top board mounted to the trolleys, then a plank on each end mounted to a bottom board. I then finished it off with a long "Z" board.

Here is what the 9' opening looks like:
SlidingBarnDoor001.jpg

Here is the same opening with the barn door rolled into place:
SlidingBarnDoor002.jpg

From inside the Master Bedroom (closed):
SlidingBarnDoor004.jpg

And (open):
SlidingBarnDoor005.jpg